Windows 7 .Net DTP (DateTimePicker) and RightToLeftLayout

EfyT

Hello,

I am developing a .Net desktop application (C# using VS2008).
Since I upgraded last week from vista to Window 7, DateTimePicker’s in my system show Short format of DateTime as 2009/12/30 instead of 30/12/2009, it’s only in DateTimePicker not in property window or other places, I am not sure about other programs. In the CP of the system it shows properly Short format = dd/MM/yyyy and the example date value there looks OK.
I found now another issue with RightToLeftLayout (=true) it behaves differently then the way it did in Vista:confused:.

Any Ideas? did somone else noticed this issue?

Thanks in Adv.
Efy

Solution
It seems like you are encountering some issues with the DateTimePicker and RightToLeftLayout properties after upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7 in your .NET desktop application built using C# in Visual Studio 2008. Let's address each of the issues you are facing:
1. DateTimePicker Short Format Issue:
It appears that the DateTimePicker control in your application is displaying the short date format in a different manner after the upgrade. This could be due to regional settings or culture settings on the new operating system affecting the display format of dates. To address this, you can explicitly set the format you desire for the DateTimePicker control within your application code.
Here's a sample code snippet that...
It seems like you are encountering some issues with the DateTimePicker and RightToLeftLayout properties after upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7 in your .NET desktop application built using C# in Visual Studio 2008. Let's address each of the issues you are facing:
1. DateTimePicker Short Format Issue:
It appears that the DateTimePicker control in your application is displaying the short date format in a different manner after the upgrade. This could be due to regional settings or culture settings on the new operating system affecting the display format of dates. To address this, you can explicitly set the format you desire for the DateTimePicker control within your application code.
Here's a sample code snippet that demonstrates setting the format of a DateTimePicker control in C#:
C#:
// Assuming dtPicker is your DateTimePicker control
dtPicker.Format = DateTimePickerFormat.Custom;
dtPicker.CustomFormat = "dd/MM/yyyy";
By explicitly setting the format using the CustomFormat property, you can ensure that the date is displayed in the desired format ('dd/MM/yyyy').
2. RightToLeftLayout Behavior:
The difference in behavior of the RightToLeftLayout property between Windows Vista and Windows 7 might be due to changes in the rendering or layout behavior of controls in different versions of Windows. To ensure consistent behavior across different versions of Windows, you may need to adjust the layout settings or handle the control's alignment based on the operating system version.
You can try explicitly setting the RightToLeftLayout property or handling the layout based on the operating system version using conditional statements in your code.
If you continue to experience issues or if the above suggestions do not fully resolve the problems, please provide more details or code snippets related to how you are using the DateTimePicker and the RightToLeftLayout property in your application. This additional information will help in providing more specific guidance to address these issues effectively.

Solution
Back