Net.Framework 3.5 Advice

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by WilliamP, Feb 13, 2013.

1. WilliamP

WilliamP New Member

I have a home built system with Windows 7 64 bit. I have Net Framework 1.1 and 4.5. Now I have a program that says it needs 2.0, 3.0 or 3.5. From what I have read on the 3.5 web page it will take care of from 2.0 to 3.5. I'm concerned because I did have 4.0 and there was an update to it that wouldn't install. It was recommended that I install 4.5. I just want to be sure that installing 3.5 doesn't foul up anything.

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

3. Joe S

Joe S Excellent Member

I think I had to install it. In Windows 8 it's there but not activated. You would think the newest version would include the older versions that are needed for a lot of software.
    Joe

4. WilliamP

WilliamP New Member

I have researched further and found out that the Windows disk came with 3.5.1. I had to go into the Control Panel,Programs, Turn On or Off Windows features. There was 3.5.1, but part of it was shut off,so the little box didn't have a check in it. I opened it and turned on both parts and then there was a check in the 3.5.1 box. So I assume it is now running. It still doesn't show in the ADD or Remove list?

5. Joe S

Joe S Excellent Member

It doesn't show in Programs and Features only 4.0 shows.
    Joe