.NET Framework 3.5 question

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by cwpatterson1, Nov 11, 2010.

1. cwpatterson1

cwpatterson1 New Member

After sensing that there may be some problems with .NET Framework 3.5, I decided to reinstall it. I uninstalled it and downloaded the install file, but the install file wouldn't run. I then found out that .NET Framework 3.5 is either enabled or disabled using the "Turn Windows Features On Or Off" tool in the Control Panel. I made sure all parts of .NET Framework 3.5 were enabled, but when I checked the list of programs installed on my computer it wasn't there. I figured that if .NET Framework is meant to only be enabled or disabled, Windows wouldn't let you fully remove it, but I guess I have. I tried installing some other software but certain components failed to install and it might be because they need libraries from .NET Framework 3.5.

So: Have I actually removed .NET Framework 3.5 from my computer? If so, how can I reinstall it if the install file refuses to work? If not, why does it not show up in my list of installed programs?

Thanks for any help!