Windows 7 .net framework problem URGENT - for LocStudio installation

lale ozer

i tried to install MS Locstudio localization tool to Windows 7. It needs at least .net 2.0. But Windows 7 has .net 4 intsalled and there should be no problem. BUT:

it gave an error that says ".net 2.0 or later should be installed".

i searched the net and found some suggestions. so i checked the .net 3.5 option in "turn windows features on or off" setting. but it made no difference.

i tried to install .net 2.0, but it said "it is already installed".

PLEASE HELP. Since i use that software for my job, i strongly need a solution.

thanks

thanks for your very quick response.
i'm a little bit hesitated to uninstall everything under .net, since i'm using the original windows 7 on my machine. could that version of .net be different than I have now?
(my machine is 64 bit by the way, can it be a problem? but i also take that error on my 32 bit windows 7 machine too.)

i checked my .net version on 64 bit windows 7: 4.0.30319
and i have .net framework extended with the same version number.

same version exist on my 32 bit Windows 7 starter. but it does nt have extended package.

thanks again.

thanks for your very quick response.
i'm a little bit hesitated to uninstall everything under .net, since i'm using the original windows 7 on my machine. could that version of .net be different than I have now?
(my machine is 64 bit by the way, can it be a problem? but i also take that error on my 32 bit windows 7 machine too.)

I'm thinking that one or more registry entries associated with .net functionality may have become somehow corrupted. The Uninstall->Reinstall tactic is a means to ensure good working order... the latest version may or may not be part of the issue.

Back