Windows 7 Netgear WG311v3

druluc

Hello, I hope you all understand me. I am from German and my english is not very well =P

My Problem is my WLAN card. It´s a Netgear wg311v3. I´ve installed all drivers which i´ve found on the page of Netgear. But all dosen´t work. Has anyone a idee???

Windows 7 isn´t interesting for me without WLAN :(

THX
LUCAS

The Netgear WG311, along with the Trendnet TEW-423PI (B revisions 1 and 1.1, which is what I have) use the Marvell 88w8335 chipset. Like you, I could not get the wireless card to work using the Trendnet or Netgear drivers. However, using the Marvell 8335 chipset drivers directly, Windows 7 was able to install and get the card running.

You can get the direct chipset drivers from here Marvell® Marvell Libertas 802.11b/g Wireless (8335 XP) Driver Summary . Just click on the download tab and then on the second option (to sit through a few ads, rather than paying), skip the about 5 ads and you'll be able to download. Then just run the setup.exe with administrator privilages and Vista capatibility and it should work.

Also, make sure your BIOS is set to allow plug and play by the OS (may or may not be a factor).

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Last edited:
Hey thx for your support, but it´s very suprising ...

Yesterday, I was very angry about all and my PC, so I shut it off. Today I started my PC and toda it runns with the netgear driver

IT`S MAGIC:)

Linksys WMP11

Ok, I have an older wifi card and am trying to get it to work. I have downloaded the ful setup and originally the drivers wouldn't load upon installation but after much finagling it finally installed and I thought all was well; it was not. The program works fine but the network card is not being found. It isn't even showing up in Device Manager. This is the second network adapter I have tried and the first one did the same thing, so I don't know what is going on. Can anyone help me? My father-in-law is a pretty computer savy person but he can't figure it out either.

Ok, I have an older wifi card and am trying to get it to work. I have downloaded the ful setup and originally the drivers wouldn't load upon installation but after much finagling it finally installed and I thought all was well; it was not. The program works fine but the network card is not being found. It isn't even showing up in Device Manager. This is the second network adapter I have tried and the first one did the same thing, so I don't know what is going on. Can anyone help me? My father-in-law is a pretty computer savy person but he can't figure it out either.

First off, what is your card? Second, do you have plug and play enabled via the BIOS? Third, do any of these cards work in Vista?

It is a Linksys WMP11. I do have plug'n'play permitted in my BIOS. It has not been in a Vista OS computer. I saw some other discussions about other Linksys equipment not working properly but it seems they were able to figure it out. The link for drivers they gave doesn't have my model number though. What I don't understand is that the program that Linksys uses, the wireless moniter installs (with some finagling) but the card itself does not appear. I didn't know hardware couldn't be recongnized by an OS.

It is a Linksys WMP11. I do have plug'n'play permitted in my BIOS. It has not been in a Vista OS computer. I saw some other discussions about other Linksys equipment not working properly but it seems they were able to figure it out. The link for drivers they gave doesn't have my model number though. What I don't understand is that the program that Linksys uses, the wireless moniter installs (with some finagling) but the card itself does not appear. I didn't know hardware couldn't be recongnized by an OS.

Oh yes, hardware most certainly can escape notice from an OS, and will unless there are drivers. Usually windows packages drivers with their OS (generic ones) that can recognize most hardware, and are usually suboptimal, which is why we're all so spoiled with things just working and us not having to think about drivers so much. But in this case, windows 7 does not have the driver for your card, and the driver that comes with your card is incompatible with w7 for some reason (or at least the install program is, and so can't load the driver right), leaving the OS blind to the card, even though the software installed (I had the exact same problem, software was fine, but card could not be seen).

Unfortunately, I've only had horrible experience with linksys; but here is a thread where they got the card to work in vista through a manual method: WMP11 works on Vista - Wireless Adapters - Linksys Community Forums . Generally, if it works in vista, it should work fine in w7. Give the steps in that first post on the second page a shot, and make sure to uninstall the device through the device manager first (right click the device in the list and click uninstall, and check the box that says remove all software, you want it all gone or incorrectly loaded drivers from your previous installation attempts will interfere; then just click the "scan for hardware changes" button again, and start from there).

Ok I uninstalled the hardware and set the folder for it to find the driver but it says that no driver is found. I know the driver is there because I looked to make sure, but it still won't find it. Is there any way I can just copy and paste a driver into the system file?

Ok I uninstalled the hardware and set the folder for it to find the driver but it says that no driver is found. I know the driver is there because I looked to make sure, but it still won't find it. Is there any way I can just copy and paste a driver into the system file?

Not that I know of. As long as the .inf (must be .inf as far as I know) is right there in the folder you are telling it to search, through the browse feature, it should find it fine. If it isn't finding it, then I'm afraid it's beyond my skill.

Could it be because I installed WIN7 64-bit? I'm thinking that is the only thing so I just downloaded the 32-bit version and going to see if that fixes it.

I've got the problem with netgear wg311v3 drivers. Error 52. The same problem with Marvell® Marvell Libertas 802.11b/g Wireless (8335 XP) Driver((

Could it be because I installed WIN7 64-bit? I'm thinking that is the only thing so I just downloaded the 32-bit version and going to see if that fixes it.

Oh yeah, it's never going to work in 64-bit, unless the drivers were specifically built and compiled for 64-bit; which I highly doubt your card drivers are (mine are not, so I had to switch back to 32 bit windows 7 to use the wireless card).

Let me re-iterate in general for everyone posting in this thread: you have to use windows 7 32-bit, unless you can find drivers that specifically say, for your specific card, that they are 64-bit drivers (a rare thing indeed for wireless cards).

That was it. I loaded 32-bit and it worked fine. But I have another question: is there a reason that the network manager doesn't use WPA security? I can only set it up with WEP and that makes it so hard to give out a password if the network is all WEP.

That was it. I loaded 32-bit and it worked fine. But I have another question: is there a reason that the network manager doesn't use WPA security? I can only set it up with WEP and that makes it so hard to give out a password if the network is all WEP.

My router is WPA: AES, and windows had no problem with me setting the password for it and connecting. Maybe there's something up with your card, and it's only detecting the network as WEP instead of as WPA.

Last edited:
My name is Jerry I'm pretty good with programs and drivers. I found that a broadcom 802.11b works with Vista for the old linksysPCI Card. If this is the wmp11-v27 wireless card I believe broadcom was the chipset then with XP.The latest cards are cisco chipsets.This PC I'm using right now is vista ultimate she does just fine with the broadcom driver, I hope this helps.

I have the same issue going on. I just installed the Win 7 Ultimate 32-bit and it's not detecting my WG311v3. I have installed the drivers from Netgear and all. My wireless card ran fine on Vista but for some reason it doesn't like 7. I installed the software and it tells me to shut down PC, unplug adapter then plug it back in and turn PC back on. I tried it and get nowhere.

Netgear WG311

I thought I'd just throw my 2 cents in here on the Netgear WG311. I installed W-7 Pro 64bit on my home office PC and it's great. Also, it works very well on my Dell D820 laptop. However, I put it on my wife's PC which uses a Netgear WN311v2. The only way I could get it to work was to use the Windows Update drivers. With those it works but not at the 802.11n speeds.

There were other issues with her PC that require just waiting for proper drivers to appear. I finally caved in and put XP back on her PC. With XP the WN311v2 runs smoothly and at 802.11n speeds.

I think these sorts of issues, including the one I am about to post, all relate to a new OS with not enough drivers written. Time will cure this. What is needed is copious quantities of patience! A commodity that I don't have in great quantities. When one's wife starts to complain, however, it's time to find the smooth and reliable solution! :p

--Bob Harris

Hey guys had same problem, here is how I easily resolved it:

1.Disinstall everything with the installation CD.
2.Reboot
3.Launch your explorer and explore your installation CD.
4.Right-click on the Autorun file - > Properties -> Compatibility
5.Check "Run this program in compaitibility mode for:" and select "Windows Vista (SP2)
6.Check "Run this progran as an administrator"
7.You can now run the Autorun file.
8.After instalation reboot.
9.Once you log onto windows a warning message asks you whether you want to instal this driver, allow windows to do so.
10.Wizard should now run automatically. Select the netgear automatic instal (not the windows one) and all should be a breeze from there.

Hope this helped :)

Back