Windows 7 Netgear WG311v3

Yes, That is precisely the problem.
Netgear has not released any 64 bit drivers.
All Netgear drivers are currently 32 bit.
I have the same problem and I am awaiting a response from Netgear support to determine if there will be a 64 bit version of the Win 7 drivers.

Hi I have just installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit - yes thats right 64bit and my WG311v3 is WORKING - but only when I have 2GB RAM - if I go to 4GB I get the code 10...

my Hardware...
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Mobo
Intel Pentium Core2 Duo E6600 @ 2.4GHz
PNY GeForce 8600GT 512MB DDR
4GB DDR2 PC5300

I wiped my drives and did a clean install as moving from temporary XP64 to my win7 Ultimate x64, then found out that my Belkin network card was not supported (Belkin F5D7000v6 - only v7 or v8 cards of this model supported).

so off I trot to my local computer store for an upgrade and I see the Netgear WG311v3 on the shelf with a sticker on the front proclaiming Win7 support (visit NETGEAR Product compatibility for Microsoft Windows 7) now as I currently had no internet I had to go round a friends to make sure I got the latest drivers.

I get home with said drivers stored safely on my USB stick, Uninstall the Belkin card, reboot and run the netgear program I downloaded round my friends. This then tells me to shut down and installl the card and then follow the on screen prompts when I restart.

So having shut down, installed the card and restarted I am starting to wonder why nothing has happend. Going into deice manager I noticed that there was a yellow exclamtion over my network card, when I look to see what the problem is, I am greeted with the code "Device cannot start (Code10)".

having rootled around on the internet via my phone (thank god I have a HTC Desire) I came across many referrences to this issue with this and other makes of Wifi card, there were, however 2 common issues... either the driver was not signed, or the machine was running with 4gb of RAM.

Having read that some people had got cards working by dropping down to 2gb, I decided to give this a try.

Dropping to 2gb worked and I now have internet on my PC again - currently trying to work out how to get my other 2gb back in and keep the internet running.

I have heard mentioned a few times that the Code 10 is normally an IRQ error which suggests to me a conflict in IRQ address between the 2nd 2gb of RAM and the Wifi card but not sure how to get round this as yet. hope that is of some help.

Hi I have just installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit - yes thats right 64bit and my WG311v3 is WORKING - but only when I have 2GB RAM - if I go to 4GB I get the code 10...

Go in the bios and see if memory remapping is set to enabled. If not, do so.

Back
Top Bottom