Windows 7 Network Adapter only works if I uninstall it before restarting computer.

scatinean

Hey Guys, a few weeks my network adapter quit working on me, and wouldn't start giving me an error code 10. I tried everything, and the only thing that works is if I uninstall the adapter EVERYTIME before I shut down (meaning that computer has to reinstall the driver when starting up). This happens with ANY network adapter that I buy and try. Could anybody have any idea what can be causing this, and if there's a way to get it to work besides reinstalling win 7.

Hello and welcome to the windows7forums.

Could you please fill in your computer specs in the UserCP link at the top left hand side of the page do we can better assist you.

This freeware program will give you all the information you will need:

SIV (System Information Viewer) 4.03

Sorry Bud don't know where to enter my specs in user cp

I tried to find where I can enter my specs, but no luck. I am using Windows 7 Pentium 4 comp. With Intel PRO/100 VE Build in network adapter. Then an add on PCI Realteck RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet adapter. Both of them don't work when I restart windows unless I uninstall them before shut down. Any suggestions anybody?:frown:

Try this link for new drivers

Look in Device Manager and see if any entires that have a yellow flag next to them.

I tried any drivers.

The Intel network adapter is build in the motherboard, I tried the latest drivers from intel. The Realtek Card is an external card (connected to the pci). I also tried a d-link card and it does the exact same thing. The network adapter did work fine the first two weeks that it was installed on the system. I have an msi motherboard that doesn't provide drivers for windows 7. This is a problem that I think is unfixable. I tried everything imaginable. Shoot me more ideas, thanks for the feedback. :cool:
PS I did run the windows upgrade advisor before installing windows, and it cleared my system as 100% compatible.

I had a lap top by HP a Pavilion 9208 that at one time may load the drivers for the internal network and most of the time it would not. I found out I had to enable the internal network at boot in the BIOS of my machine. I have never experienced that problem again. My Network drivers always load now at boot up.

I actually went so far as to buy a USB Network adapter, which I never have to use now but this also worked to give a wireless connection in case my internal adapter does not work. I got it at best buy for about 40 bucks. It uses a Cisco driver which comes with adapter. It works just fine bt I no longer use it. It is back up in case it is needed in hte future.

Enable adapter at boot?

I had the same problem, with a Dell Inspiron E1505. ([email protected], 2GB RAM, Intel pro wireless)
The problem also occurred under Vista.
I don't have an option to enable the wireless at boot, so I also went to buy an external USB network.
Anyway ... initially, I didn't have any problems with the network. It would sometimes go away after a suspend / hibernate cycle, but a reboot would fix that.

After I installed a virus scanner (didn't matter which one ... I tried AhnLab, Norton, McAfee), the network would plumb not work, once it stopped working through a suspend/ hibernate cycle. I'd have a chance of getting it to work by disabling it in the BIOS, rebooting the computer, re-enabling it in the BIOS and rebooting a second time, which would reload the drivers.

(Although, uninstalling the virus scan causes the problem to go away.) But, who wants to run their machine without a virus scan?

Back