Windows 7 Network Connection unavailable when booting Windows 7 from shut down state

eran007

Hi all,

I have a problem that when I shut down windows 7 and then reboot at a later date, the network connection to my local network always fails (yellow triangle with exclaimation mark over the tray icon).

I've tried using the troubleshooter to resolve the problem, i've tried releasing the IP address and re assigning one.

The only thing that fixes it is to restart the computer or to go into my network connections window and disable the network adapter then re-enable it (this then connects fine).

You just need to reboot your router. This happens to me sometimes. It's a problem in some routers that ironically shows up with win 7. It's not easy to get windows to fix it but if you just unplug the router when you plug it back in , win 7will connect.

Do I need to restart the router every time start the computer?

No. It has only happended 2 times with me in about 3 months. I have read that someone got an update for their Linksyss router that fixed their problem. But they didn't give any details.

Back