Windows 7 Network Connection unavailable when booting Windows 7 from shut down state

eran007

Hi all,

I have a problem that when I shut down windows 7 and then reboot at a later date, the network connection to my local network always fails (yellow triangle with exclaimation mark over the tray icon).

I've tried using the troubleshooter to resolve the problem, i've tried releasing the IP address and re assigning one.

The only thing that fixes it is to restart the computer or to go into my network connections window and disable the network adapter then re-enable it (this then connects fine).
progress.gif

Are you sure that this is 'no nework access' or is it 'no internet access'? I think that no network access displays a red cross through the tray icon, I could be wrong though. Anyway, it seems that there are 'issues' with Win 7 networking.

I have a similar issue with Windows 7.

Along with my high latency issue (see the forum post), when I boot Windows 7 after having it shut down.. it takes a few seconds before it connects to my network. Windows complains about not being able to reconnect my network drives, Trillian complains about not having a connection, etc.

Windows should be able to connect instantly because I don't use DHCP, I have static IPs set.

I do agree, though.. Windows 7 seems to have a lot of problems with networking - most of the problems I've had so far are networking related.

I had a feeling this had something to do with the power options on your pc although when i had a look i couldn't find anything specific. Have you checked the BIOS options for your internal network card? Also have you tried unplugging the cable and then simply reattaching it?

This is not hardware too.

I just did move from XP and I'm having exactly the same issue.

I need to disable the network adaptar, then I need to re-enable it and click on "Troubleshoot Guide". After all that, then I have connection through network.

Weird thing is at my home that doesn't happens. Just in my office.

I guess it's related to some conflict between "Home", "Office" and "Public" types. In my home it appears just as "Home", however in my office it appears two types listed: "Home" and "Public".

I did set at office as "Home" because of the permissions, which I wanted to be the same. But I guess this is leading to this conflict. Maybe only one place must be set as "Home"? Dunno.

This worked for me. Lost connection after coming out of sleep mode:
Open Network and sharing; click Local area Network; click Properties; Click Configure; Click Power Management; Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'.
Also Uncheck Internet protocol version 6 (ipv6) in properties...
Seems to work now for me. Good Luck

same here

same problems here.

I'm certain it's not a hardware issue. I lose internet connection when coming out of sleep or hibernation. It drops my internet connection during a perfectly working session...all net activity ceases.

I had a lot of time with the beta and RC versions and never experienced this. actually, one of my game servers is on the windows7 RC1 platform and is up almost 100% of the time...no issues.

Wonder if this could be a firewall issue? I might try disabling it and installing something like sygate.

Hello!

I have the problem like described here but with some differences.

It is the next:

When I do shutdown the network card goes off in 1 second before system shutdown fully completes (it is clear from the LED on my router). When I switch ON my PC and boot Win7 there is not network adapter at all (and the LED on the router is OFF like there is not phisical connection at all) and I can fix it only by switching PC off and unplug power cable (or switch off the power swith on power supply).

My PC is next: Abit motherboard with nForce 680i SLI chipset, Win 7 Home Proffesional 64 bit. All the latest NVidia driveres are installed.

This worked for me. Lost connection after coming out of sleep mode:
Open Network and sharing; click Local area Network; click Properties; Click Configure; Click Power Management; Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'.
Also Uncheck Internet protocol version 6 (ipv6) in properties...
Seems to work now for me. Good Luck

This also worked for me. I've not lost my connection while in a session OR when coming out of sleep/hibernation. Give it a try. Also make sure you have the specific network adapter drivers installed.

I am having the same problem. I start my computer, I get the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark. I have to troubleshoot for the internet to work. It's really frustrating! I use an ethernet connection.

Back