Windows 7 network controller

PCHURCHURIT

Guys I am face with a challenge with wireless connection to my dell inspiron laptop! I have tried checking for drivers to no avail. If anyone knows how to solve this problem can he/she help me please! My laptop is giving a warning that network controller is missing.

Dell has an excellent download support site where you should find what you need - just enter the model and op sys here:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

I have tried downloading the most recent drivers and softwares but non of them can address my problem! I want network controller drivers, how can I get it? Or how can I solve this problem of error reporting network controller failure. All along I have been using the wireless without any problem.
I am in dire need of help!!!

Which Inspiron do you have and what is the network adapter manufacturer?

Like stated above all Dell drivers can be found at Dell just type in your model and all the drivers will show up. Scroll down to network and the driver should be either Intel or Broadcom.

Thanks for your informative responses. My Dell Inspiron in N4030, i3 processor. And the manufacturer of the wireless device is Broadcom. I installed the driver and it is indicating wireless is OK but no network controller! what is the difference between network controller and the wireless adapter? I am getting more confused! Wireless adapter reporting functionally OK whereas on the other hand network controller is not found!!!! Could it be a problem associated with BIOS?
Please continue advising me where you can.
THANKS FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION.

The terms adapter and controller are swapped about a bit so does create confusion but I think you'll most likely find that the wireless adapter relates to the broadcom wireless card and the network controller is youre wired ethernet connection (rj45 socket).

Going by the last comment (from patcooke) the problem, if actually the network controller is referring to wired connection, why is it that the wireless isn't working whereas the wired is ok?
I have been checking on the past forums and have noticed there are other two guys (one of the guys is brodis in forum Windows 7 Networking) who posted a similar problem but was never addressed fully! What is so peculiar with this network controller problem.

if actually the network controller is referring to wired connection, why is it that the wireless isn't working whereas the wired is ok?
Basically because they are two separate devices using different drivers and running different networking protocols. First check the hardware/driver setup. Is there any problem showing in device manager? Try deleting the wireless from device manager, rebooting and letting the system re-detect and reinstall it. Then check to see if your wireless adapter can see any wireless network - are any being detected and listed by the network and sharing centre?

THANKS ALL FOR YOUR POSITIVE CONTRIBUTION TOWARDS SOLVING MY NETWORK CONTROLLER PROBLEM! I AM NOW COMFORTABLY USING MY WIRELESS CONNECTION.
FOR THOSE FACED WITH THE SAME PROBLEM AND ARE USING DELL INSPIRON, TRY INSTALLING DELL QUICKSET TYPE: APPLICATION VERSION: A01 OR THE ONE SUITABLE FOR YOUR SERIES.
THIS APPLICATION ENABLES ME TO LOCATE THE NETWORK DRIVERS WHICH WAS NOT POSSIBLE TO INSTALL AT FIRST.
THANKS FOR THE FORUM FOR THEIR ENORMOUS POOL OF VALUABLE DISCUSSION!!!

Back