Windows 7 Network disconnects after going to myyearbook.com

rbridgeman

I've been on the phone with Norton, Microsoft and my ISP (Cogeco) about this issue and have ruled out that Norton Internet Security Suite 2010 and Cogeco are not the issue. Microsoft have been calling me in these recent days to figure this issue out and to help me solve it.

My issue is when I'm browsing the myyearbook.com site (my profile, etc.), my network icon in the system tray shortly after says something like 'No Network Access.' Soft rebooting the machine puts things back to normal (having network/Internet connectivity). When this issue happens, it doesn't even recognize my routers or anything beyond the scope of my computer.

I have all the updates for the OS. I'm an expert/advanced user so I know what sites to stay away from (ones with worms, trojans, etc.). I've run Malwarebytes in Safe Mode (no networking); also, Spybot S&D and Super Antispyware. Only cookies have shown up with no other threats. I'm able to access the site no problem with my laptop with Vista on it, so I know it's not a router issue.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
What's the correlation between Scheduled Tasks and my network disconnects?

Start with RAC ... here is what I found:

Under the Active Tasks panel, I had a task named "RacTask" scheduled to run 1 hour after the power on.
I noticed when the time to start that task comes, my computer reboout...

So I disabled that task, and my computer don't reboot anymore now.

Seems a joke that the RAC service who is the responsible to check the reliability of the system, was the cause of the reboot :)

Windows 7 crash and reboot automatically kernel-power error

As you look through the Tasks you'll notice that many are diagnostics for the purpose of gathering information when triggered by various operations... And you'll notice several Tasks are sending reports back to Microsoft.

I suppose all the checks and reports help Microsoft resolve problmes.. however I feel that there will be more than enough other people sending reports ...that Microsoft can do without mine. .. And they should get a pretty good idea about what needs to be fixed based on their technical support calls.

I simply try to approach problems logically and ask the basic question... how can my computer work for ME .. if it's running all these tests and sending reports to Microsoft. Shouldn't they pay ME to use my computer?

When I started computing it was a major challenge just to get a modem configured ... so that your connection didn't freeze when you moved your mouse. Irq conflicts... between Modems, Graphics cards and other devices where a constant puzzle to resolve. Therefore I have learned to be suspicous of everything that's running in the background and consider the possibitiy that these tasks are fighting with whatever I want to do... over access to network cards and hard disk reads and writes etc.

I've turned off and modified /minimized at least 100 tweaks and so far there have been no consequences... just a really fast system.

Wiw u dud not know about this issue with windows 7 but it makes perfect since to me. Great Find!!!

Back
Top Bottom