Network Hard Drive works then times out

New Windows 7 64 system build.
I860
Asus P7P55
Corsair 4 GB
Cooler Master 650w
GTX 275 video card

I just built the above pc and am having trouble connecting to a network drive. When I initiate the connection it works for awhile then out of no where it just stops. If I try and access the drive I get the blue circle and it sits there. The computer does not lock up and I am able to do other things. If I try and reboot or log off it will hangs at the “logging offâ€Â￾ screen and I have to hit the reset button. The drive is a 1TB Lacie USB drive and is shared from a MAC. I was connecting to this drive with a windows XP computer and never had an issue. In my research on this build I found a few things out and one was that I needed to boost up the voltage to my memory and also boosted the voltage to the Processor. All of these have not fixed the issue. I did read somewhere that maybe it was caused by an inadequate power supply. Other things I have noticed. I have 2 drives in the PC a 250 gig drive for the OS and 1.5 TB western digital drive for files. If I access the 1.5 tb drive sometimes it take a split second and I can hear a click as it powers up. Could the 1.5 TB drive be causing the problem? Or could the power supply not be pushing out enough power? Or is there a network setting on either the windows 7 or Mac box thats stopping the connection after a certain amount of time. I have searched the net and have found nothing and hope someone here may have an answer. Thanks for your help.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.