Windows 7 Network location?!

jockstar

Hi all

Why is it that everytime I connect my telstra wireless internet (through a usb dongle) I get a msg pop up asking me to set the network location. (home or public)

And everytime this happens it makes it a new number eg. telstra internet 1, next time will be telstra internet 2 and so on...

How do I stop this and make it so every time i connect it makes it a home network.

Cheers

Jockstar

When you look in the Network and Sharing Center, how is you local network identified, Home network with a House icon, or a public network with a park bench?

If you click on the network next to the icon, it gives you the options for selecting a network. At the bottom of the page, there is a checkbox that talks about treating all networks as public. Make sure that is not checked if you do not need it.

Hi all

Why is it that everytime I connect my telstra wireless internet (through a usb dongle) I get a msg pop up asking me to set the network location. (home or public)

And everytime this happens it makes it a new number eg. telstra internet 1, next time will be telstra internet 2 and so on...

How do I stop this and make it so every time i connect it makes it a home network.

Cheers

Jockstar

Yes I know the frustration..
I am up to Telstra.Internet 28.. and tomorrow it will be #29.
Any answers ?

Back