Network Monitoring Program?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Networking' started by Kylethedarkn, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Kylethedarkn

Kylethedarkn Senior Member

So now that I'm at college I have an 8gb per week upload cap. I can check my upload usage via an online checker they have, however it saying I'm uploading way more than I am. I'll upload 5mb and it will think its 500mb.

I'm looking for a program that can track the upload bandwidth of individual programs/processes in Windows 7. Does anybody know of such a program?

2. zigzag3143

zigzag3143 Honorable Member
    Microsoft MVP

HI K and welcome

We could use a lot more info. what makes you think the online app is wrong? If you take a known file (say 10 Mb) and upload it does the online app register a hugely different amount (say 100 Mb). Where are you getting your numbers from ? there are apps that will measure it but not by individual app/process

Ken J

3. Kylethedarkn

Kylethedarkn Senior Member

It probably isn't the university's program messing up. Its probably some program on my computer using a lot of bandwidth and I just don't know about it.

I'm not sure if it obscures uploads and I cannot test it with small files because the scale on the monitor is in Gb.

But it is probably a good idea to use a program that monitors network bandwidth in general and compare that to the numbers the university is getting.