Network print driver issue

Rob G

I have a PC (Dimendion 5150) running XP connected to a printer (Dell 924).
My laptop (640m Inspiron) runs on Vista Home and is connected by a home network. I recently ran windows update (which included a vista print driver) on the laptop and since then i have been unable to print from the laptop.

I understand that there is a compatability issue with the XP and vista print drivers (Journal ID # 07339KX7XD).

Can anyone help?

strangely enough it would appear that your vista compatible driver isnt. i found that same problem and wound up using the generic PNP driver for my hp and all was well perhaps your dell just doesnt like vista either i would try different drivers 'till i found something that worked.. perhaps dells website might be of some help.... good luck

I have a PC (Dimendion 5150) running XP connected to a printer (Dell 924).
My laptop (640m Inspiron) runs on Vista Home and is connected by a home network. I recently ran windows update (which included a vista print driver) on the laptop and since then i have been unable to print from the laptop.

I understand that there is a compatability issue with the XP and vista print drivers (Journal ID # 07339KX7XD).

Can anyone help?

before uninstalling of your printer software you should check the network options are set to allow share printer

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.