Network Printer in XP Mode

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by perezjuanf, Dec 1, 2011.

1. perezjuanf

perezjuanf New Member

Being new at using the XP Mode of Windows 7

I am trying to print in a Network Printer while in the XP mode of Windows 7

I am able to print while in the Windows 7 mode by using the Apple Vonjour Utility, the Router is a wireless Apple Time Capsule. The printer is a Brther HL 2040 printer

Anyone can assist me with this? Hopefully I included all the info that is needed

Before Windows 7 the I was able to printer from my old XP
    Thanks

#1 perezjuanf, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  2. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

Hello and welcome to the forum.
    I haven't used XP mode lately, mainly because I've found other free offerings like VMware Player and Virtual Box superior products, however; neither come with a free copy of Windows XP Sp3 as part of their respective packages and require that you have a licensed copy of XP for the install.
    I would assume that any printer that exists on the Host machine should be available to the VM client. But since you are apparently not using native Windows 7 software or networking components to facilitate the use of the Brother printer on the Windows 7 Host, then it's possible, and I never thought I would ever hear myself suggesting such a thing, you may need to add the Bonjour service to the Client (XP Vm) in order to get it to work.
    NOTE: Just have found that very often the Bonjour service can cause more networking issues with Windows 7 then it ever actually solves.
    Good Luck
    Randy

3. perezjuanf

perezjuanf New Member

I might not have made clear, the Windows 7 is in my LapTop and I am using the XP mode of the Windows 7

The LapTop is in a Wireless Network that has an Apple Time Capsule Router

I am trying to print while using the XP Mode of the Windows 7 in my LapTop

Hopefully I made myself a little bit more clear

#3 perezjuanf, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  4. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

I thought I read and understood your original explanation which by the way, I thought was clear and concise.
    But I may have assumed too much.
    How is the printer interfaced with the Host Computer (Windows 7) by default it has both a USB and Parallel interface but also supports an NC-2100p (external ethernet print server) and I assumed because you had mentioned both the router and the fact that you had used the Bonjour service to print from within the Host Computer (Windows 7) that it was a network printer.
    Printers that are available to the host computer (windows 7) should be available to add to the Client OS Virtual Machine.

1. SOURCE: Printing in XP Mode with Windows Virtual Machine - Microsoft Answers