Windows 7 Network problem mapping drives and slow file transfer from one machine

Jaz

I have 2 win7 64bit, i7 machines and want to share files/drives between. One machine (machine #2) lets me share its files but is very slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. The other machine (machine #1) won't let me share any folder/files (and map a drive for that matter) at all and gives me an error message as you can see.
0 error trying to map a shared drive.jpg

What am I doing wrong? I've shared each folder/drive on each machine and I HAVE THEM WITH THE SAME "WORK GROUP" name. Is it a matter with win 7 firewall or accounts or permissions? I do not have a problem with a win xp machine. That machine (machine #3) saves files very fast to machine #2 and machine #2 can access (map) files/drives on machine #3 very easily - no problems. This is very frustrating since machines #1 and #2 are very fast by themselves (and way faster than machine #3) but cannot be hardly used via my network. The network is sound since I can get both #1 and #2 machines to save files very fast (Approx 14megs) to a networked NAS . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jaz

Back