Windows 7 Network randomly dropping out, and crashing pc.

Ramos-oo1

Hi everybody. getting the strangest crash!! let me describe in detail.

Problem
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
First off all I switch on my pc, then wait for it to aquire network. Then (normally after computer has been on for an hour or so) usually during a internet game off some sort (dow2 and cod5 war are particular candidates but not the only ones).
The Internet suddenly disconnects (network indicator shows yellow exclamation mark).

Then when I reboot I get an error message saying something like windows cannot locate file c/windows/sytem32/user data. Cannot log user onto windows network.

At this point the desktop usually looks like windows 7 basic (ie, the task bar and start menu have turned grey and lost there nice rounded edges) I have no internet/network, and a lot off my programs have dishapeared from the "start" menu!!!

Then I have to reboot again (normally about 3 seems to do it!) until I get my "normal" desktop and network connection back. Then the pc is fine again for a couple off hours!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Fixes I have allready tried.

When I first installed win 7 the problem was really bad, but as I had had a virus attack I just assumed it was to do with that, So I re-installed win7 (full format/clean install) and that seemed to fix the problem + setting the computer to be the master browser.

Then after about 4 days off problem free use, it started again!!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Could it be a hackker? (I seem to get a lot off virus's despite never having used this computer for file shairing, allthough I used to on my old computer and my Ip is still the same)

Also I built another computer using 680i chipset intead of the 790i in my current rig and it runs perfectly!!!

Any help (no matter how vaugue) will be welcome as I have been reselling with this problem for some time!

Many thanks ramos.

Sorry it's been so long to update!!

Ok, the reason I've been a while updating is that I am only able to test this problem when lan gameing (wich isn't that often).

Allso I wanted to wait until I could give some clearer info.

The problem with system restore is that Ive been re-installing all my softewair and only noticed the lan problem some weeks later. end result is I have around 20 system restore points and I have no idea wich one might help???

Some other clue's I have noticed.....

It seems related to "Lan" or "hoasting", internet gaming (on net servers)is fine,

Also It is only on my 790i rig (making me think it may be driver related)

Also I took my pc over too a freinds house to lan on his network and had the same problem, so it's not my router or network!!

Back