jake

Hey, just today i built my first build with these specs:
amd athlon 64 x2 5400+ 2.8ghz
4gb corsair ddr2 ram
xfx 9600 gso 768mb gddr2 pci-e
500gb seagate hd
xfx nforce 750a motherboard
zonet pci wireless adaper 802.11n

My friend lent me a copy of windows 7 beta and it installed in about 30 minutes and successfully.
I was running a quick, satisfying, and fast internet for about thirty minutes, then it dropped all of a sudden. When i went to re connect no networks were available, and none have for the last 5 hours. We've done all we can and still no networks on the list. weve installed the latest drivers for the pci adapter, weve troubleshooted and done everything but came out with no positive results. Frusterated with this situation, I decided to install cod5 to play solo play. I installed old but intermeddiate sounding speakers, that felt like they wanted to work whenever they want. this really made me mad, and it kept happenening. But ontop of it all, about 4 minutes into cod5 solo gameplay, the comp froze. I restarted and booted the game up again and did it over again but happened. I was having so much fun with the game, that i kept playing till it froze, then restarted again. What do i do? Why is it freezing? Why is the sound only working sometimes? We think its the operating system, and im almost solid on that decision, but what can i do? thanks

most of your problems sound like they are driver issues. Please make sure you have the latest drivers installed for everything and if that does not work wait until proper drivers for windows 7 arrive.

okay...
when I installed the beta...everything went fine...
but when it came on...
I had no internet connection...(which has never happened)
I had no drivers installed because I couldn't connect to the net...
I had to unplug my router & restart for it to work...

so I get everything running...
now it begins to freeze on me...
the taskbar locks up & starts making glitches of different tabs (on the taskbar)
to fix this problem...I had to select group all tabs...(which I dont care too much for)

& on a side note...
windows build 7000 is much slower & hangs up a bit when opening programs then 6956
build 7000 reminds me of vista for some reason....
& I'll go back to xp if updates or somthing isn't done soon.

& I'm not the only one having problems with build 7000...I found someone else posted on the net somewhere complaining on the same thing...

Remember why a beta is so-called and the whole point of releasing them is for testing purposes. You should never run them on a machine that you need or use for "every day" working.

okay...
when I installed the beta...everything went fine...
but when it came on...
I had no internet connection...(which has never happened)
I had no drivers installed because I couldn't connect to the net...
I had to unplug my router & restart for it to work...

so I get everything running...
now it begins to freeze on me...
the taskbar locks up & starts making glitches of different tabs (on the taskbar)
to fix this problem...I had to select group all tabs...(which I dont care too much for)

& on a side note...
windows build 7000 is much slower & hangs up a bit when opening programs then 6956
build 7000 reminds me of vista for some reason....
& I'll go back to xp if updates or somthing isn't done soon.

& I'm not the only one having problems with build 7000...I found someone else posted on the net somewhere complaining on the same thing...

Did you do a full restart after the install? Because you need to do that to activate the updates installed during the Windows 7 Install process. That activates all the things that were updated. Also, 7000 is 15% faster than any earlier leaked build. It scores higher in every area, including gaming, synthetics, math, and encoding.

It seems like you're having a bkam issue.

no...I didnt restart..
now that you say that it makes me think...

but yea...7000 is a about the same as 6956....
not having any problems since I installed it..
it was just giving me a small hassel & I freaked out .. :)

Remember why a beta is so-called and the whole point of releasing them is for testing purposes. You should never run them on a machine that you need or use for "every day" working.

I understand that....but I do have other computers in the house...
which helps me when I'm in need of trouble ;)

Back