First off, here's my PC information:
Original System: XP
System type: 32-bit
Computer Model: Compaq SR1520NX
Modem: Realtek RTL8101E
Problem:
I can't get on the internet! :(

Probable Causes:
Whenever I open Internet Explorer and it says "This page cannot be displayed", I diagnose the problem and it tells me that I need to "Install a driver for your network adapter". I'm guessing my modem is set for Vista and under, since this is Windows 7.
Also...
When I open "Device Manager" the "Other devices" menu is opened and it displays "Ethernet Controller". Maybe this has something to do with my connection issue...

Fact is, if the modem is outdated, I wouldn't be able to update it anyway because I can't get on the internet to start an Automatic Update.

If there is anyone out there kind enough to help me through this frustration, I would kindly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ray

Modem???? Not to sound silly, but aren't there any other options to you in order to connect to the internet? If not then I suggest upgrading to a modem that is currently on the HCL for windows 7. I have not looked for one myself, so I am unaware what might be on there. Let's look..

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/co...rdware&category=Networking&subcategory=Modems

Might be able to get another card for your machine or better yet, look into a service provider in your area that offers HS Internet connectivity. Since your machine has a modem, chances are it does not have a nic. You might want to look for HS internet and then get yourself a NIC instead.

Windows Vista Compatibility Center Browse Results - Networking - Ethernet Adapters

Good Luck!

Back