Windows 7 networking problems

kev

I have a lan pleiades hdd connected to my router. I have no problem networking with this external hdd with vista and xp. when networking with windows 7 i cant not network with this device. in windows 7 i can see the lan external hdd in the network folder but cant access. can connect to this device through http for device setting on windows 7. having no problems networking with other computers (xp,vista). can anybody help me with this issue or is anybody having the same problem.. thanks...:razz:

I have exactly the same lan drive as you do and have exactly the same trouble. I remember having the same problems when I first installed Vista a couple fo years ago. Going to the MacPower website and downloading the most recent firmware worked that time. I tried the same thing this time, and it didn't work.
If you want to try for yourself, go to Macpower - LAN Disk Firmware and follow the instructions to update the firmware. Make sure to click on "Link Removed due to 404 Error" when selecting which firmware in step 2.
I might add that I have only tried it LAN mode, not USB.
If I find a solution, I'll let you know.
Good luck

UPDATE (15/01/09):
Mine now mounts in explorer as a network drive! I think it must have been an windows update that happened yesterday that fixed it. I also used a program call LANDISK Utility v1.0.0.4 that works with the LAN drive and was able to connect to and map two network drives from it. I thought I didn't work, because they didn't appear in explorer straight after I did it, but I booted up today and voila.. there they are.
I hope you had the same success.

Last edited:
Back