Windows 7 never ending crash

Coolfreitas

Hello forum! new member here.

To start off, I bought this computer in july of 2009 with VISTA installed, I never received any problems besides the blue moon crash that every computer gets. After installing Windows 7 I started crashing constantly, it never said it was a BSOD usually just a freeze and everything stopped(this was a driver problem I believe). I resolved this issue for a little but now the computer still constantly BSOD whenever I open up an application or a game. My sound and everything works fine it just goes black then I start up the computer and it says I BSOD.

I will add a dump file of my last crash in this thread, and was wondering if anyone could please help me. I've ran memtest and sfc/ scannow in the cmd prompt. Both came up with nothing wrong! and I have gone to geeksquad twice and they say there is nothing wrong when my computer BSOD atleast 5 times a day.

I recently noticed after I cleared my dump file with ccleaner that now when I crash during a game or something and come back, I no longer get the "you have BSOD" message which I find peculiar, because I crash a lot more than I used to right now and it's frustrating. Also my last 3 crashes I noticed something, usually when I play music off windows media player or talk to people on skype and I crash I can still talk, but I was listening to music through an adobe player and when I crashed the music cut off and when I came back on it says adobe has crashed. IDK if that has anything to do with it though.

Anyways, My computer does not have any minidumps after 3 crashes already so here is my system information attached

Rant over, I would appreciate some help! =D

Kind regards,
coolfreitas

Attachments

• sysinfo.zip
    91.2 KB · Views: 312
Hey there - continuing from the p.m. -

1) Uninstall Driver Cure.

2) In the start menu, go to All Programs | Startup folder and delete Online plug-in

3) Install this to update your Realtek HD Audio:

RtkHDAudio

4) Install Malwarebytes then use it to scan the machine and remove all it finds.

5) Uninstall ASUS AI Manager or Suite.

6) Install this version of the driver to make sure the Arctosa has the correct one:

Razer Arctosa Windows 7 Driver v1.00 (English)

7) Install from my attachment to ensure the proper ATK0110 driver.

After doing these things, try to post a crash dump if possible as it will lead us to the cause more efficiently.

Attachments

• MB_WIN7_ATK.ZIP
    117.1 KB · Views: 246
Thanks a lot for the quick reply! I have a few questions.

1) do you want me to simply delete online plug in or also uninstall somehow?

2) Is there a way to force BSOD

3) would you recommend me clean installing vista/windows 7 again?

Thanks!

You're welcome.

You can uninstall it which would be good. Or simply delete the entry as advised, so it doesn't start with Windows.

Not really a way to force the bsods. There are some exotic methods but are completely uncalled for here.

No, clean installing is not going to help and will actually be a great setback.

Post new crash dumps if possible and also please keep us updated on how it's going - if the bsods have stopped or not. Please ensure you've completed all things first, though.

Alright, I appreciate it. Yeah I was wondering that because my minidump won't show crap. But I'm not completed with all the steps I had a minor setback. Thanks again for the help. After I complete the steps I am going to open up games to see if it crashes. I may also add that it BSODs sometimes when I leave the computer untouched. But If that happens then I'll be sure to post the minidump.

Went through all steps, not sure if I correctly did the ATK0110 driver correctly. But I think I did.

malwarebytes did not find anything wrong. hopefully theres no crash.

i relinked a new sysinfo if you need it. thanks!View attachment sys.zip

Gosh darn it! My computer crashed when I was running a harddrive test when I left my screen on. It seems like it goes to sleep, and I can't wake it up. That's the best explanation I can give to it.

Ran this harddrive test and crashed, run memtest, did spc, I have yet to clock my graphics card.

Torrent or anyone is there anything further you would suggest? I was reading this and realized you had already given me the download for that, but I am not sure if it actually downloads, because I open it and say "ok" to administrative rights and the screen just flashes, nothing pops up.

Sorry, I feel a little bit slow because I can't give you any more than this, the minidump did not save it because it is not a BSOD anymore apparently. what the hell.

I've configured it so my computer doesn't sleep yet it still does? I saw an option for "turn off display after 10 minutes" should I change that to never? Although that wouldn't explain my game crashes, is it my graphics card?

all help is much appreciated! thanks a lot!

bump

EDIT: ran a gpu stress test and my computer went black at 109degrees. keyboard unresponsive like always.
=/

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it is next to impossible to get to the bottom of the issues without a crash dump.

Here are some things that can only help you if applied, or fix things entirely:

1) Update your Logitech QuickCam driver to the latest:

Support + Downloads

2) Uninstall Kaspersky in safe mode with this tool:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot and install MSE to replace it.

3) Visit the manufacturer's site of your wireless adapter and update its driver from there.

BAM i got it torrentg=D

also, do I need javasystems? i presume i do

EDIT: o_O I never uninstalled Kaspersky? Oh god, don't tell me that's the answer, I've seen someone's fixed like that.

EDIT2: Kaspersky is not detected on my computer, logitech cam should be up to date, but there's no option to choose windows 7 for my model v-uu22. also I do already have MSE downloaded and linksys is up to date on the drivers. Thanks a lot for your help so far! =D now I have the mindump. do you think it's a hardware problem?

Attachments

• 101110-20404-01.zip
    30 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
This one was caused by kbdhid.sys (and probably old drivers.) Kbdhid is a wireless keyboard driver I believe.

Suggest you

Re-install the driver for the keyboard

run a system file check
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker - Windows 7 Forums

Update the old drivers
Code:
LVUSBS64.sys        fffff880`028cc000    fffff880`028d8980    0x0000c980    0x45c4cedc    2/3/2007 14:05:16                        
CamDrL64.sys        fffff880`028d9000    fffff880`029c0a00    0x000e7a00    0x45c4d1b7    2/3/2007 14:17:27                        
purendis.sys        fffff880`029ef000    fffff880`029fb000    0x0000c000    0x490695a0    10/28/2008 00:31:28                        
pnarp.sys        fffff880`0287b000    fffff880`02887000    0x0000c000    0x4906a9ac    10/28/2008 01:57:00                        
spldr.sys        fffff880`015c9000    fffff880`015d1000    0x00008000    0x4a0858bb    5/11/2009 12:56:27                        
spsys.sys        fffff880`066ee000    fffff880`0675f000    0x00071000    0x4a085e7a    5/11/2009 13:20:58                        
GEARAspiWDM.sys        fffff880`045ce000    fffff880`045db000    0x0000d000    0x4a1151c0    5/18/2009 08:17:04                        
netr28x.sys        fffff880`04486000    fffff880`04539000    0x000b3000    0x4a12b8b8    5/19/2009 09:48:40                        
amdxata.sys        fffff880`00ea4000    fffff880`00eaf000    0x0000b000    0x4a12f2eb    5/19/2009 13:56:59
How To Find Drivers:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

Let us know if you need help

That was actually going to be my next post because I assumed it was keyboard failure, because when I crash my keyboard becomes unusable, but I don't really understand how that results in game crashes? =/ Anyways, I've already ran a sfc /scannow. do you want me to re run it after I reinstall the driver? Thank you a lot for the quick reply!

EDIT: I will probably have some questions on the location haha

EDIT2: I did a force bluescreen btw >< that's probably why the keyboard one showed up. CTRL + SCROLL x2

EDIT3: CamDrL64.sys is apparently malicious, but I don't know how to go about to uninstalling it... any help?

Last edited:
1) Update all Logitech drivers for all devices you have from them, including camera:

LVUSBS64 LVUSBS64.sys Sat Feb 03 13:05:16 2007
CamDrL64 CamDrL64.sys Sat Feb 03 13:17:27 2007

Support + Downloads

2) Uninstall Network Magic to remove this very old driver:

purendis purendis.sys Tue Oct 28 00:31:28 2008
pnarp pnarp.sys Tue Oct 28 01:57:00 2008

If you can't find how to uninstall it, navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and delete the drivers manually.

Reboot and run Ccleaner to clean the registry.

3) Uninstall your old Kaspersky in safe mode using the tool found here:

4) netr28x netr28x.sys Tue May 19 09:48:40 2009

Update your wireless adapter driver from the manufacturer's website.

Good luck and enjoy.

1) Update all Logitech drivers for all devices you have from them, including camera:

LVUSBS64 LVUSBS64.sys Sat Feb 03 13:05:16 2007
CamDrL64 CamDrL64.sys Sat Feb 03 13:17:27 2007

Support + Downloads

2) Uninstall Network Magic to remove this very old driver:

purendis purendis.sys Tue Oct 28 00:31:28 2008
pnarp pnarp.sys Tue Oct 28 01:57:00 2008

If you can't find how to uninstall it, navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and delete the drivers manually.

Reboot and run Ccleaner to clean the registry.

3) Uninstall your old Kaspersky in safe mode using the tool found here:

4) netr28x netr28x.sys Tue May 19 09:48:40 2009

Update your wireless adapter driver from the manufacturer's website.

Good luck and enjoy.

Did step 1) before your post, except camdrl64, I can't find the updater for that, unless that is the logitech camera then I just updated that driver.
2) did tis step

3) as previously stated, my computer can't find any traces of kaspersky in either regular or safe mode. and I already have MSE

4) going to do this step( never mind I cannot get this, it wants me to redownload linksys and everything, I don't use wireless on this computer I have the cord in from the adapter to my computer)

thanks for the replies. I will post another log to make sure I did everything necessary.

Last edited:
You're welcome.

2) Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and delete kl1.sys.

Reboot and again run Ccleaner to clean the registry.

You're welcome.

2) Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and delete kl1.sys.

Reboot and again run Ccleaner to clean the registry.
Will do=].

and also torrentG, you're pretty familiar with the hardware too right? I ran the furmark for the fun of it to test my GPU and it crashed after 1:18 I think it was and the temp reached 109 Celsius(may I add its the same exact crash I experience while playing games), what does that mean? And is it improvable? Thanks!

Nope, I have no idea about what hardware you even have at the moment. Almost everything I know about different hardware is from the 10s of thousands of crash dumps I've looked at and advised on. Not so much hands on experience.

I can tell you for sure that 109 C degrees is way too high for any gpu. The gpu fan could be malfunctioning in some way. I'd set it to max with RivaTuner then run the Furmark to see how hot it gets, for the heck of it.

Nope, I have no idea about what hardware you even have at the moment. Almost everything I know about different hardware is from the 10s of thousands of crash dumps I've looked at and advised on. Not so much hands on experience.

I can tell you for sure that 109 C degrees is way too high for any gpu. The gpu fan could be malfunctioning in some way. I'd set it to max with RivaTuner then run the Furmark to see how hot it gets, for the heck of it.
I apologize for my wording, I meant about hardware in general not me specifically. The reason I ask this is because I really do not even know what that does, and maybe by sheer luck we would see some connection between the two. I'm afraid my problem has gone from BSOD to just crashing, I was planning on getting a new Video Card anyways, I'm doubtful that this will fix the problem yet, I will keep my fingers crossed, if this is the problem I will be relieved though. I'm familiar with RivaTuner, what would you suggest the max/min be? And should I change fanspeed as well? If you want me to change this into another forum if applicable I gladly will because it has gone kind of offtrack.

Many thanks to you still!

EDIT: It feels as if though the thanking is empty through an internet forum, but your help is greatly appreciated , idk where you get the time to help all these people haha. But for my graphics card if it matters at all it is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

Last edited:
I'm afraid my problem has gone from BSOD to just crashing,

Considering that a bsod is the worst thing that could happen to a pc that actually gets to Windows and boots, I'd say you're doing worlds better than before.

In RivaTuner, the only thing you should change is the fan speed and nothing else. Set it to max.

If your games are crashing to desktop, then the video card is malfunctioning - just like it is when it is getting to 109 degrees celsius. Suggest to remove it from the system and clean the out the fan. Make sure also that the heat sink is securely attached to the gpu. Something definitely is not right with it now.

Haha I would probably agree with you, atleast now I can use my computer for stuff other than games, just wanna fix that last part as a gamer. I appreciate it once again.

Oh alright, I will have to DL RT then, I heard some people had problems with it with windows 7. Personally never tried.

And I don't crash back to desktop the screen merely goes black says "no signal" yet my audio still works. Resulting in me having to reBoot. I can't CTRL + ALT + DEL either because for some reason the keyboard stops working aswell. And even if it were to function I don't know if that would do anything.

Yep, that's surely the cause of the video card overheating. It's as simple as repairing/cleaning the card or replacing it.

Issues solved. Nothing to do with Windows 7 at all.

Back