New BSoD error

Microsoft symbol server says its a VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT. I have attached CPU-z and dump files...thanks guys for all your help!!!

Attachments

Last edited:
This is a brand new hard drive with a clean install...memory sticks seem to be fine...they passes the memtest 86+ over 40times without failure...so since its a clean install there has been no changes made to spark the error...unless one of the system updates are causing this...

nmsuk

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Both of your .dmp files point to ntfs.sys Can you do a chkdsk c: /R on your drive from within an admin command prompt. After that can you do a sfc /scannow also from an elivated command prompt.

Have you installed the lastest chipset drivers for your motherboard? Updated SATA dirvers too if they have them.

Last edited:
installed mobo drivers and both chkdsk and scannow came up negative...once installing a overclocking utility on my computer from the MSI mobo driver disk i crash every time i attempt to open the utility... here is "those" dump files....

Attachments

nmsuk

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
All those dmps point to the overclocking Utility so I'd uninstall it. why would you install an overclocking app when the system s unstable? Overclocking apps like this are a nightmare. If you are going to try and overclock do it from the bios.

just wanted to check it out...wouldn't have used it...plus my system has enough juice that i wouldnt need to OC for awhile...any other ideas to what is causing the original BSoD

kaos

are you sure the settings are set to default, a pc can have enough juice but badly OC can end in tears

its not OC at all...i dont mess with OC until my comp is outdated

Yes i agree with @nmsuk, chkdsk and scandisk.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.