Windows 7 New Case

03hdfatboy

Banned
I decided while my PC is disassembled I would upgrade to a larger case with better air flow and cable management. After reading a lot of reviews and also knowing what I wanted, I decided on a Cooler Master HAF 932.
1.jpg

Now don't get me wrong I love my Raid-Max case but it is too small. I will be donating it's body to Frank-N-Stine. His case is a budget case that is flimsy and poorly designed.
I'm also going to do if anyone is interested, a "rebuild thread". I've had this PC apart and replaced everything in it at least once and somethings like the MoBo, 5 times sense the original build in April 2007. When I get through with it this time the only original parts will be 1 of the Sony/NEC drives and the QX6700 with the VIGOR CPU Cooler.

Looks good and as you well know good air-flow is a must especially if your overclocking.

I nearly bought one once, a cooler master I mean. It was called 'something' 1000and was very pretty but also loads of cash so I settled on my Thermaltake which I love. Loads of room, great airflow and looks great...:cool:

That is a nice looking case. I used this one Link Removed - Invalid URL when i recently built my new pc as the large side fan certainly aids cooling.

Good case! Anything like that is just the ticket for todays systems. That ones pretty cheap too...

I almost think I would drive down there just to see this rig. Sounds nice. If and when I ever do get another computer, I will build my own. Not that ready computers are not all right, they just don't offer me everything I want. Gee, am I greedy? You bet I am!!!

lorenkjr,
Knowing what you want in a PC is not being greedy. I just built my nephew a nice "budget" PC for about 850 bucks. Yes I could have built a PC for around 400 but all it would be good for was surfin' the web.

I always find the Toms Hardware guides quite interesting. Every few months they do a system building project but actually make different systems depending on price. Now obviously there's a huge difference between a high end and a low end pc but the difference between say a £6-£800 pc compared to one that costs £1,500 isn't a great deal:

System Builder Marathon: Performance & Value : Introduction

Food for thought...

I got my case in today and it is HUGE! I love it :D
Big Difference
Link Removed due to 404 Error
I saw few pictures online and I saw some silver through the side and I didn't like the way it looked so I blacked out the inside of mine.
Here is what it looks like on my desk
Now if I can get my motherboard back I'll be in business.

I haven't decided where I'm gonna mount the DVD drives. I'm thinking about mounting them in the bottom two holes...:confused:
what do you guys think?

Hi fatboy, sorry I'm up at my folks place so I haven't had the 'usual' pc access (I'm currently using my moms laptop).
The case is looking fine and funnily enough I was going to spray the inside of my case black too... I think it's far better than silver. The only thing that stopped me was the thought of dismantling the entire case/pc and having to do without it for an evening or two... Now you've gone and done it to yours it's got me all fired up to do mine...
I'll have to see when I get back..

Merry Xmas!

Luckily enough I hadn't got this one together before I noticed the silver..It made a positive improvement. ;) I ordered 2 red 12" Cold cathode lights to go in it also.
xoxide_2034_10774285

I'm getting ready to mount my 2 DVD drives.

Well I got my DVD, floppy, hard drives and PSU mounted today.
Had a bit of an issue with the PSU,
I wanted to mount it right side up but the mounting holes were punched out to have it flipped over..So I drilled new holes ;)
As you can see I still have a lot to do..but I've done about as much as I can until My Mobo comes in.

Have you got plenty of cable ties? All that wiring will need some serious routing!

Looking good though...:cool:

Back