Windows 7 New Case

I try to do that anyway (hopefully without shorting the mobo out) as you well know better cable routing means better airflow so it can be an important part of the build... Yup, it's looking better and better each time we see it.. I'm off home tomorrow so I may be getting the spraycan out myself...;)

I agree with you regarding the tidy wiring. I recently fitted a new PSU which is listed on my system specs list but this had all the cables attached and it was a real pain getting them stowed neatly. My other PSU of the same brand but an 850watt came with a comprehensive range of cables which were plugged in as required on the PSU therefore making an easy tidy install.
I thought this was a great idea and was miffed at my current PSU not having the same design.

Phil.

I agree with you regarding the tidy wiring. I recently fitted a new PSU which is listed on my system specs list but this had all the cables attached and it was a real pain getting them stowed neatly. My other PSU of the same brand but an 850watt came with a comprehensive range of cables which were plugged in as required on the PSU therefore making an easy tidy install.
I thought this was a great idea and was miffed at my current PSU not having the same design.

Phil.

My Hiper is a modular design and I agree that the're so much better to work with... If you don't need the connection then don't put it in! Great idea and I'm gonna make sure the next PSU has the same layout if possible..

Got my lights mounted and I also changed the blue LED OEM fan on my CPU cooler with a Zalman ZM-F2 92mm Red one..and oh man it looks sweet. I had to cut the plug off of the stock fan and solder the wires for the Zalman fan on it but with the heatsrink on it..it looks like it came that way. :D
Now if the board would ever come in I'd be in business.
Link Removed due to 404 Error
Link Removed due to 404 Error
[/quote]

Thats a bummer.... Case looks cool by the way, oh and I did eventually spray my case but the paint reacted badly. Anyway's I made the best of a bad job and rebuilt it. Sometime later I'll strip it again and re-do the whole thing.
I get my Phenom in a few weeks, which, I'm really looking forward to. 3GHz, Quad core, and unlocked multiplier! A snip at £250!

Great news! Lets hope it does arrive today..
I resprayed the inside of my case today and have to say it looks awesome.
I also worked out a better power loom for my rig.
As my PSU is modular you can create different power loops ect...
Anyway's I was never really satisfied with the way I'd originally set it up and have now routed the cables and power for a much better config'..

All in all a rather productive day..:cool:

I got the Motherboard and got it installed only to find out that an Intel P45 is incompatible with the ASUS Radeon HD 3870X2 :(
Oh well the ASUS 3870x2 is on e-bay now.
Now I gotta figure out what to replace it with. :cool:

I don't want to go over $500
I'm looking at a 4870X2
I know the 4870 is compatible with my board but not sure about the x2

well I saw a post on DFI club of a guy that is running a DFI LanParty UT P45-T2RS and a 4870x2 so I guess that is what I'm going with.

Exccellent card and they've just had a price drop too.. I love my 4870, the performance is something else..

I gonna wait for my 3870 to sell first. Right now I'm using the X1950XTX and it is doing just fine. So I'm in no hurry.

Pretty much top of the range graphics card HOWEVER I read a review that concluded that The Radeon HD 4870 X2 isn't quite as fast as two Radeon HD 4870 512MB graphics cards linked together via CrossFire. Quite interesting ................

Pretty much top of the range graphics card HOWEVER I read a review that concluded that The Radeon HD 4870 X2 isn't quite as fast as two Radeon HD 4870 512MB graphics cards linked together via CrossFire. Quite interesting ................
I saw that in a few reviews myself. It depends on the test. Plus one card takes up less room. If you have run 2 cards before you know it is a pain when it blocks other PCI slots, and if you run 2 your using 2 and blocking 2. :(

Yep..........fair point. There is not a lot of difference in performance anyway and your point about taking up space is relevant.

Back