Windows 10 New Edge

bochane

Excellent Member
I just installed the new Edge, not only on my Windows system but also on my Android tablet.
At first sight:
It feels solid, it is fast, it synchronizes nicely between platforms, quite pleasant.

I understood that it was based on the Chrome code or am I wrong?

Any other experiences and thoughts?

Last edited:
Almost correct. It's based off of the open source Chromium which Google Chrome and quite a few other browsers are based on.

I installed edge chromium a few weeks back. I've used Firefox more or less since day one - wouldn't touch Explorer or Edge with a barge pole
but Edge Chromium has got me. Just one small irritation - found an add-on to set the URL to open a new tab when I click on a favourite - but I can't find anything to automatically give focus to the new tab.

I- found an add-on to set the URL to open a new tab when I click on a favourite - but I can't find anything to automatically give focus to the new tab.
I am curious, which add-on did you find?

There is support for 'Your Phone', so it should be easy to do about the same for my Galaxy Tab A, but I could not find it.
And I think it would be nice to have some Android App that presents the Windows desktop

I've been using Edge Chromium since it was in beta and I'm loving it. I was a hardcore Firefox user before. I love all the privacy extensions it has and baked in privacy. But the new Edge is smooth and just works on any site I go to. I used to have issues with school sites my kids had to go to with Firefox and they'd recommend Chrome. Well, not it's not an issue with the new Edge.

Another yes vote here. However, out of habit, I usually use my Brave browser due to perceived safety enhancements in that browser. That being said, I'm not averse to using the new Edge browser at times.

Back