Windows 7 New Guy!!!

Blue Lighting

Hey everyone I'm new to windows 7 but so far I love it!
I am also a new member on the forum! :wave:

I would like (it would be nice if it was free) a program of some sort that scanned my PC and got rid of duplicates and broken short cuts. It drives me crazy all the time to be deleting broken short cuts and duplicates. ( just trying to keep my memory clean and organized)

Thanks,
Rappy Rider

Filehippo usually have a good range of freeware, but please be very careful using and file cleaner apps that could accidentally delete a needed file and cause more problems than it solves

Hi

Be sure to download and install, CCleaner, an application that every Windows user should have.

Piriform - Download CCleaner, Defraggler, Recuva, Speccy - Millions of users worldwide!

Wow, over five hundred million downloads now, that has to be some kind of record.

I've use it for years, it has an app that removes all the junk on you computer, one that scans you registry, and some tools that make some tasks easier to do.

I also use Defraggler available from the same people.
Does a fantastic job of defragmenting your hard drives.

Mike

Blue Lighting:
Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining our community. All good advice above and I would only add my standard boiler plate suggestion for a serious backup regimen that includes a system image weekly augmented with daily critical data backups. Just to provide peace of mind in the event that something should go wrong with any efforts you may decide to take regarding the cleanup of "duplicate" files.
Best wishes and hope to continue to see you around
Randy

I second what Trouble says about backups.
Get an external USB hard drive they are very inexpensive now, make a complete system backup, then keep it up to date.

This is by far the easiest way to recover from a really bad crash, virus, or even a failing hard drive.
It's worth it just for the peace of mind.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom