Windows 10 New Member

freedom77

I am a new member, but when I go to the Intro Forum to introduce myself I only receive the Watch option. My name is Tom and I would like to thank you for allowing me to be a part of this wonderful group. I do have a question regarding the new Windows 10 Version that was just released.

I was wondering if anyone has installed the new version update for Windows 10. Would appreciate any thoughts whether it is worth installing or is it a must. If anyone has installed it yet should we be concerned about losing any files? Thank you!

Hello and welcome. As with all updates sooner or later you will need to install to keep up with updates, security, changes, patches etc. Equally before making any system changes you should at least make backup up copies of any important data, I also make a full backup image of my system (I use Macrium Reflect (free edition) for this) before running any major changes or installs.

Tom, I have it installed and have no issues. I did a clean install. I updated my partners machine and it to has no issues. So I'd say you're good to go.

Rich

Back