Windows 10 New Notifications?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

Here's something that's been bugging me for a while.

Every time I boot my computer I get the message, "Your computer needs to be rebooted to install updates", but if I do reboot I just get the same message again.

Second, it always give me messages that say "Click Here", to do this or that, but when you click there, nothing happens.

Third, yesterday I installed Poser in Windows 10 for the first time, and today when I booted the computer it's still asking me what I want to do with the Poser Install disk in drive J, even though the disk is in it's package on the shelf. I've had this happen with other disks as well.

Why doesn't it know that the disk is no longer in the DVD drive?

It kind of seems like the whole New Notifications thing is dysfunctional.

Am I the only person who is seeing this?

Mike

when I booted the computer it's still asking me what I want to do with the Poser Install disk in drive J, even though the disk is in it's package on the shelf.

Seems to be a bug and hopefully it will be rectified in the upcoming build(s).....I have the same thing happen for thumb drives and HDD's.

Hi

Tonight I booted up my computer and it said it needed to reboot to install important updates again.
I ignored it and started checking my email.

The a blue box opened in the middle of the screen saying that it really needed to reboot to install updates for my sound drivers.

I don't want my sound drivers updated but it gave me no option other then install now or pick a time.

I let it go ahead and as usual my sound stopped working and I had to go through the whole uninstall my sound card, install the correct drivers, reboot my computer again to get my sound back.

If I could just get it to leave my sound drivers alone. LOL

Oh well at least I know how to get is working again now.

Mike

I saw "Your computer needs to be rebooted to install updates" popping up just after a 'cold' shutdown and startup,
----------- a 'real' reboot cleared it.
After the 'cold' shutdown and restart there was no message 'Updates are being installed,
----------- but there was such a message after the real reboot.....
It looks like a 'cold' restart no longer detects whether updates are available?????

Hi

The irony that selecting Shut Down is the soft shutdown and Restart is the hard shutdown kind of bugs me but I get it now.
But it does do a reboot (or total shutdown) whenever it does the driver install thing.

What seemed to make it easy to recover was copying the install files to the hard drive and installing it from there.
Now Windows seems to see that as the install path for the drivers, and when I remove the sound card in device manager.
It re-installs and loads those drivers for it.

So most of the time I can just click uninstall in device manager and and reboot and it starts working again.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom