Windows 7 New PC coming :)

retireddude

Hey guys and girls! Well, i will be building a new PC soon and I want to use my old HD in the new PC which has Win 7 32bit installed and working fine. The new PC is a 64 bit machine so
I will need to move to the 64bit version of Win 7 which came with the 32bit on another dvd.
So my question is, What do I need to know before I start the process of going to 64bit Win 7?
Any and all suggestions will be most appreciated. Oh yeah, the Win 7 dvd's are the upgrade
versions from Win Vista!
Thanks,
retireddude:worship:

Hi,
the process is the same for 64bit as it is for 32bit and as long as you ensure you have your 64bit drivers before hand you should be fine.
This link will answer most of your questions regarding Windows 7 and installation using upgrade media:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Hey Kemical,
Thanks for the reply! Yes I have read the info at the link you provided and it told me everything I needed to do.
When you say drivers, do you mean the drivers for my hardware or something else? Just trying to understand as
knowledge is power and thanks for sharing yours!
retired dude

Your very welcome and yes I meant your hardware drivers. It's better to source them beforehand just in case.. Although 64bit driver support has drastically improved it's still worth checking just to make sure alls well in that department.
:)

Thanks again Kemical for the reply! With this being my first post ever to a forum I really didn't know
what to expect but your help should go a long way to head off any problems in my first computer build.
Yes, I will finally be getting my "geek" on if the parts ever get here.
Peace and love to you.

Good luck with the new build and if you need advice please do post back as we have a great community who are always eager to help..
:)

Back