Windows 7 New Problem

You should register in the Toshiba Satellite support forum and ask this question there.
People who use Satellite A665 should be able to help you to reinstall using the installation dvd.

Yep, I registered with the Toshiba Forum and I spent the better part of today reading and coping the things to do.
Tried everything the manual said to do and still nothing worked out. Just ordered the Recovery Discs from Toshiba.

PS lookout, I have knowledge that I did not have before and I am dangerous. ha ha

Don't just read the past answers.
Ask the question.
That's the only way to get an answer tailored to your specific need.

They gave me no options but to buy. The Head Guru answered for the site. Guess it is time to try something new.

I have tried all the things from the manual and nothing worked. If I had someone who had the discs then maybe I would be able to fix it. So sometimes you have to bite the bullet and hope for the best.

Return Satellite A665 S6050 to Out of Box State
‎10-05-2014 01:29 PM - edited ‎10-05-2014 02:40 PM
When I try to return my Laptop to Out of Box State, I get as far as the Partician and wait and wait...
I have 5 discs that I was using as my initial backup when I first bought the laptop. It sometimes
asks for a disc and it just takes a short spin and spits it out. What can I do? Have already spent
hours trying all the tricks that people have suggested and I have learned much from it, but no
success so far.
PS What headed me down this road was, I accidently installed my Desktop Recovery Disk into my Laptop. Duh
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2 (45 Views)
Jerry_Lippey
MVP-64x36.png

Ace Advisor

Re: Return Satellite A665 S6050 to Out of Box State
‎10-05-2014 03:31 PM
Satellite A665-S6050
You can obtain a new set of discs from Toshiba. Scroll down to Get Recovery Media here.
For instructions, see the section Restoring from recovery DVDs/media, which begins on p. 73 of the User's Guide.
Satellite A660 Series User’s Guide

My question and his answer. Sorry I don't know how to link Really like my Toshiba until I blew it up.

Last edited:
I have found your thread in Toshiba forum.
http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/System...of-Box-State/m-p/618211/highlight/true#M22591

You were not asking the right question.
I asked you to ask the question of how to re-install Windows 7.
You should have told them that you have the bootable installation DVD but you don't know how to proceed.
Ask them if you need to go to BIOS to change the boot order or not.
If yes, how ?
If no, what is the next step to reinstall.

I already changed the Boot Order putting the DVD/CD first. No Change.
Then I went thru the manual and did everything step by step

I am not sure if your set of recovery disks is going to work at all, because you "friend" has messed up your computer by installing a Win 7 Pro 32 bit which I suspect is a counterfeit copy.
The best approach is to re-install back to the proper version.

You can try when the set of recovery disks arrive.

He may have a legal copy that he used, I am not sure. Anyway I will have to wait until I get the discs. Thanks be back when I get them. His mother passed away and not a good time to bring up the subject as the funeral is tomorrow.

His main aim was to get me to the point that I was able to get online with wifi so I could get it back to win7 64 bit.

Last edited:
Do you still want to pursue this matter ?
If yes, I have questions to ask.

If you wish to try out the recovery disks first, then I'll stop and wait for you to come back with the result.

It's your call.

If you have the desire and energy to go forward, okay with me. Nothing better for me to do right now.

I mentioned that your recovery disks may not work because, I would assume you have ordered a set of recovery disks for Home Premium 64-bit.
Your computer is presently installed with Win 7 Pro 32-bit.
Will the computer accept the disks ? I don't think so.

Last edited:
If you have the desire and energy to go forward, okay with me. Nothing better for me to do right now.

OK.

1. Is this Satellite computer still running or out completely ?

2. If your friend legally changed your computer to Win 7 Pro, did he give you the product key also ?
If no, why not ?

3. Why did you want to set the computer back to factory settings ?

I can just do the Toshiba Recovery Wizard stuff like bring it up with a zero or a f8 or F2

I wanted the computer back to its win7 64 bit. When he took it, I was not able to go on the internet and he fixed it to do that but I was not satisfied to have it in win 7 pro 32 bit.. So I did something to do away with his OS.

I did not know what he had done to it until I checked it out, all he said it was fixed. I was not happy about it.

To get rid of his OS. is why I did what I did, trying a re-install or whatever you call it.

But he did not give you the Win 7 Pro product key.
Why not ?
How long ago since he "fixed" your computer ?

I think I got it back from him like Sunday last. Don't know why he did not give me a product key or install it on the system.

The system started saying something like I have 3 days to go active and I assumed it was something about registering the OS. That is why I did what I did to get rid of the OS that was on my machine

Back
Top Bottom