Newbie to 7.0 (some quick questions)

Hi guys

Im new here and new to 7 so take it easy on me please..!

Currently running 7.0 on an old POS lappy 1.60 ghz processor and 512 meg RAM surprisingly its holding up really well.
Though its a clone computer all but one of the drivers has been picked up, so all good there.

One thing i do see as missing which i use A LOT and would really miss is the quick launch to show desktop does it exist .... (yes im one of those who saves loads on the desktop !!! :razz::razz:)

Also Im trying to get usto to the start menu but finding it quite hard, (I skipped vista...:D) can it be made to look like the traditional one..?

Yours
Paul

reghakr

Essential Member
Hello Paul a welcome/

Right-click on the taskbar, choose New Toolbar, now navigate to the C:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch and select the folder.

i suggest you tun of Show Title and Show Text

hey there thanks for the reply,

No AppData (guessing its hidden) how do i unhide\show it..

Did say i was a newbie..!

(just found the show desktop button at the end of the taskbar (by time) MS really need to make that a little more visable)

paul

Hello Paul a welcome/

i suggest you tun of Show Title and Show Text
Sorry mate

please can you also advise how to do the above..

just playing with libarys how good are they...!

patrickt

Honorable Member
I missed Quick Launch, too, but decided to just use the new taskbar for a week or two. After a few days I didn't miss the Quick Launch at all. Give it a try.

reghakr

Essential Member
Sure,

Go to Control panel > Folder Options, click the View tab and choose Show hidden files and folders

Cheers lads,

Thanks for all that good job etc...gonna be working on this for a while lol

one last thing how do i run this "XP emulation mode" ive heard so much about it or isnt it in this build.?

PAul

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Cheers lads,

Thanks for all that good job etc...gonna be working on this for a while lol

one last thing how do i run this \"XP emulation mode\" ive heard so much about it or isnt it in this build.?

PAul

Download details: Windows XP Mode Beta

It is a seperate download in two parts the windows Xp mode >

Your display if you install it will be limited .

reghakr

Essential Member
Thanks whoosh,

i couldn't remeber where it was located.

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Nether could I had to do a quick google :rolleyes: View attachment 838

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.