Windows 7 nforce 64 bit driver driver not compatable w/Win 7 64 bit?

LordFess

I recieved Windows 7 Ultimate yesterday from Amazon.com. I installed it and everything went perfectly fine. I downloaded the latest 64 bit video drivers for my GTX 295 CooP video card and went fine as well except I noticed that in the device manager there is a yellow esclamation point next to one of the display adapters.

I then went back to the Nvidia website and d-loaded the latest drivers for my nvidia 650i motherboard and got incompatability error messages...... One of them said it was not a 32 bit application .....and my OS system is 64 Bit .......Anyone had this problem or know how I can fix it?

does it tell u it is 64 bit operating system in control panel/system????

Never use the NVidia Nforce drivers, they suck and cause major issues. I myself had a Nvidia SATA driver update listed in Windows Update, and when I tried to install it the entire system froze and refused to boot. Luckily I had made a restore point before hand so I used the Win 7 disc to repair the system with the restore point.

Firstly, please confirm you have 64-bit Windows by right-clicking Computer in the Start Menu and going to Properties. I'm not doubting you, just double checking before we proceed.

Are you sure you selected the following from the Download Drivers section at NVIDIA's website (for your motherboard, firstly):

- nForce
- nForce 6 Series
- nForce 650i SLI (presuming you have this and not the 650i Ultra)
- Driver
- Windows 7 64-bit
- (your language)

I'm using the 780i SLI nForce motherboard and the 280GTX and had no problems with either installation.

#############

With regards to your video card, please confirm you chose the following from the Download Drivers section:

- GeForce
- GeForce 200 Series
- GeForce GTX 295
- Windows 7 64-bit
- (your language)

Back
Top Bottom