Windows 7 No Audio Input from an external device

Chris Hamby

Computer Specs:
Samsung Series 7 15" (Link Removed - Invalid URL)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Intel i7 processor
6gb ram

i just bought a USB powered guitar pedal off craigslist (i've confirmed it to work on my 5 year old dell desktop downstairs) i want to run the pedal through my amp, because i often play along with music from my PC. ive got the USB connected between the pedal and the PC, and there is a power indicator lit, along with a message telling the the driver installed properly.
The way ive got it wired now is

Guitar > Kontrol input 1 > Headphone output > Amp Input
USB > USB guitar rig 5

I can get audio input readings on the pedal itself, but nothing in widows under the volume mixer, or in the programs audio input. it seems to dead end at the usb port

ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, all my drivers are up to date, ive set the audio playback and recording settings as default between Rig Kontrol and my laptops audio port. Spent all last week talking to NativeInstruments tech support, and this is apparently the only time theyve seen a problem like this, and we've narrowed it down to a probable IRQ conflict on channel 16 (something i apparently cannot change). Samsungs technical support gave me the general 'update drivers and reboot your computer' runaround for a few days. it seems im at the end of my rope here

Back