Windows 7 No Boot Corrupt Rregistry file(s)

MetalMan02

Hello Everyone I am new to this site so if I posted this in the wrong place or this is a repeat then I do apologize.

I was asked by a friend to try and fix her laptop. I don't know any of the history that lead to this problem, So trying to fix this has become a bit difficult.

When trying to boot it loads in the BIOS screen what seems like a little too long, and then it will start to load Windows7/Vista (I don't even know what OIS is running, that's how much I don't know about this laptop)(It was just dropped off at my house with a note) and I get the Windows Startup repair screen. After running the startup repair it says that the problem cannot be fixed automatically and in Signature7 of the repair it says CorruptRegistry. I have tried a backup point and there weren't any ever created. I try to run system restore or the Toshiba recovery and nothing happens.

Any help with determining the problem or a solution would be grateful. I am aware that I may have to restore the laptop but I'm not even sure if the person has the disc anymore.

System: Toshiba L455

Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 21200966
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 10
Problem Signature 07: CourruptRegistry
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

If it has a registry problem, using the F8 key and the "Last Known Good Configuration" might help. If not that , try starting in Safe Mode after using the F8 key.

Agree with Adamsappleone: In many cases it's faster and easier to re-install everything, instead of trying to find out some specific problems.

Back
Top Bottom