Windows 7 No Connection when restarting with external HD plugged in USB port

spacetoast

Hi, I recently picked up an external HD (Western Digital MyBook 1TB). When it's plugged into the USB port and then I turn on my Win7 machine I don't seem to get an internet connection on start up. I can get a connection after start up by going to "change adapter settings" and disabling and re-enabling my local area connection. This does not happen if the external hard drive is not plugged into the USB port before start up.

I tried this with my WinXP machine and it works fine, and figured it might be a Win7 problem.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I recently picked up an external HD (Western Digital MyBook 1TB). When it's plugged into the USB port and then I turn on my Win7 machine I don't seem to get an internet connection on start up. I can get a connection after start up by going to "change adapter settings" and disabling and re-enabling my local area connection. This does not happen if the external hard drive is not plugged into the USB port before start up.

I tried this with my WinXP machine and it works fine, and figured it might be a Win7 problem.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
whats up space...welcome to the gallery. This is just a guess because I don't do it but alot of people in here are booting from their usb ports (or at least loading 7). Since they're able to do that, I would think that there might be a conflict with the boot priority. Say if its hitting your usb before your harddrive, it may wreak havoc with your network adapter. This is a theory...see what others have to say.

Back
Top Bottom