Windows 7 No digital sound with Aureon 5.1 PCI and 7100 x64

Brain1984

Banned
Hello,

I just installed Windows 7 7100 x64 and downloaded the latest (unfortunatelly from 2007)
drivers from Terratec but I can't get my sound SPDIF working.

I had previosly installed 7000 x86 and I found a trick that worked:
After installing the driver I went to the folder with the extracted installation-files
and looked for the Au51Fun.exe. With starting the program I was able to activate
Dolby Digital and I finally had 5.1-sound with Windows 7.

But... With 7100 x64 the Au51Fun.exe won't start, I tried every compatibility mode
but it just won't work. I assume it's because the exe ist 32bit but due I'm planning
to install 4 GB of RAM, a 32bit-OS is not acceptable any more.

Does anybody have a clue how to get my digital sound working
without buying a new soundcard ???

Thank you,
Dennis

Hello,

I just installed Windows 7 7100 x64 and downloaded the latest (unfortunatelly from 2007)
drivers from Terratec but I can't get my sound SPDIF working.

I had previosly installed 7000 x86 and I found a trick that worked:
After installing the driver I went to the folder with the extracted installation-files
and looked for the Au51Fun.exe. With starting the program I was able to activate
Dolby Digital and I finally had 5.1-sound with Windows 7.

But... With 7100 x64 the Au51Fun.exe won't start, I tried every compatibility mode
but it just won't work. I assume it's because the exe ist 32bit but due I'm planning
to install 4 GB of RAM, a 32bit-OS is not acceptable any more.

Does anybody have a clue how to get my digital sound working
without buying a new soundcard ???

Thank you,
Dennis

Hi Dennis,
I'm not familiar with this particular brand of PCI Sound card but it should pretty much work in the same way as other Add-on Sound cards. With that in mind my approach would be in the line of general Sound card problem troubleshoot. Two things of interest are Manufacturer's VISTA drivers and the Motherboard Chipset drivers from the MoBo manufacturer or Computer manufacturer depending up on whether the PC is self assembled or Brand Name PC.

I'm wondering whether Windows 7 had already installed some audio drivers and then you had problem installing drivers using the software disc from the Manufacturer of this particular card, TerraTec. To verify that if you could post the information on Sound video and game controllers from the Device Manager I might be able to suggest some alternatives. Like most devices that work using Windows VISTA 64 bit drivers in the Win 7 Bit 64, this one too is expected to work with the latest Vista drivers from TerraTec.

Back