Windows 7 no internet access after unplugging ethernet into laptop and back in pc

aprayburn

So pc is working fine I unplug ethernet cable into laptop to access internet on it,works fine, put ethernet back into computer and now there is no access to the internet. The internet still works as I checked it by plugging it back into laptop. The pc is working all software etc. but there is no internet access.

when internet works on laptop it says public network but on pc network is unidentified and i can't change it. I tried making a new connection but it asks for username and password and I've never done anything like that. Should i type one in and that creates the password etc. or would i need to have one to create it. I don't really know what the network thing is all about I'm a newb on that part.e

I tried network trouble shooter and that didn't help either.

Thanks it is my grandmothers computer and she is mad at me ha ha please help

So pc is working fine I unplug ethernet cable into laptop to access internet on it,works fine, put ethernet back into computer and now there is no access to the internet. The internet still works as I checked it by plugging it back into laptop. The pc is working all software etc. but there is no internet access.

when internet works on laptop it says public network but on pc network is unidentified and i can't change it. I tried making a new connection but it asks for username and password and I've never done anything like that. Should i type one in and that creates the password etc. or would i need to have one to create it. I don't really know what the network thing is all about I'm a newb on that part.e

I tried network trouble shooter and that didn't help either.

Thanks it is my grandmothers computer and she is mad at me ha ha please help

Have you rebooted the PC's and router at the same time??

Have you tried opening an admin command prompt and doing

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

after those do a ipconfig /all and post the results here.

I'm sorry but a novice once I get past software etc.. So how do I do the admin command prompt and release etc. Thanks again though

so rebooting everything again worked had to uncheck the work offline button for some reason. Thanks for your help

Back