Windows Vista "No Internet Access"

rhturn4025

I'm having an issue that I've not seen on any forum, so I figured I'd just post. When I attempt to connect to the internet, most of the time I can connect and everything works dandy. Yet, there's a fraction of the times I try to connect that it tells me I have no internet access. This isn't true, due to my roommate's laptop and my desktop are both connected without an issue, yet my laptop is not. Any ideas guys?

-- I don't know hardly anything about actually working on computers, so any advice in detail is AMAZING. Thanks so much.

I'm having an issue that I've not seen on any forum, so I figured I'd just post. When I attempt to connect to the internet, most of the time I can connect and everything works dandy. Yet, there's a fraction of the times I try to connect that it tells me I have no internet access. This isn't true, due to my roommate's laptop and my desktop are both connected without an issue, yet my laptop is not. Any ideas guys?

-- I don't know hardly anything about actually working on computers, so any advice in detail is AMAZING. Thanks so much.

hello..your going to need to give us some more detail,like what type of laptop you have and its specs if possible, what your trying to connect to (router type), and how your trying to connect (wireless or LAN)...please repost ok..someone will look

I have a Dell Inspiron 6500, and I'll just post my DX Diag here..

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7100) (7100.winmain_win7rc.090421-1700)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: MM061
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A13
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2060 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.6GHz
Memory: 3072MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3070MB RAM
Page File: 718MB used, 5420MB available
Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon X1400
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x7145)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_7145&SUBSYS_20031028&REV_00
Display Memory: 1405 MB
Dedicated Memory: 126 MB
Shared Memory: 1279 MB

I'm attempting to connect to an Actiontec DSL Gateway 54 MBPS wirelessly, I'm also having the same issue with my card being hardwired in. Any ideas?

Back