Go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Network & Sharing Center > Change adapter settings (in the left pane), right-click on the connection you‘re using > Properties > Networking Tab. Now remove the tick from the IPv6 box. If it makes no difference or causes problems it is completely reversible by ticking the box.
Also, click the Windows Orb (Start), type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. Expand Network Adapters > double-click the wireless adapter > Power Management Tab and make sure the check box is cleared against ‘Allow the computer to turn off this device……’.
If you do, stop it and disable it. It is actually the Bonjour DNS Responder Service, and I believe it is the cause of the "Unidentified Network."
The Unidentified Network disappeared after stopping this service and a quick disable/enable of the NIC, restoring Internet access.
I Actually just rebooted, edited this post, and then re-enabled the offensive service to see what would happen...Immediately after enabling the NIC and this bastard service, the "Unidentified Network" returned...stopped it, disabled it, disable/enable NIC...Internet back up and running and no "Unidentified Network." (woot - woot!)
Hope that helps! I haven't had issues since...
FYI - I experienced this in both build 7100 and 7127...I am running 7127 now x64 - and discovered this fix just last night...so far so good just rebooted and then edited this post...I believe this fix will solve 7100 build issues too; however... I have not tested 7100 again yet.
...I also re-enabled Win 7's Discovery Mapping services, but always leave IPv6 disabled just because I am not using it.
...another two reboots, and a hard disk addition, and no problems with the Internet! - If you tried another fix such as changing the address of your network adapter, under "Advanced" - this is not necessary...I set mine back to "Not Configured." Everything is working fine as long as the Bonjour service is not running...
My system: ASUS P5E Quad Core Q6600 4GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 NIC: Marvell Yukon 8E8056; driver v10.69.2.3 (4/21/2009) ***fyi - i did update the default Windows driver with this, Vista x64 driver
For the record, there is some blame pointing towards the following software, of which I do have installed and running properly: Office 2007 SP2 Adobe CS3 (updated current)
I'm having this problem also on my Toshiba Satellite Pro s300-s2405... intel wifi adaptor. Tried all the ideas posted here. So far no go. Worked fin in Vista... but I was not able to get my hands on the same driver. Toshiba has updated Win7 "beta" drivers so I'm using that. But it doesn't get through to internet after sleep.... which means alot of rebooting until I get it figured out or a new driver becomes available.
Have you also checked in power management to make certain that IT isn't turning off the adapter?Also will right clicking the icon and selecting troubleshoot problems re connect you without a reboot?Not exactly the answer your looking for but if it works it will save you some rebooting.
Got it! Wish I could remember where I read this, but somewhere in my googling, someone said uninstall the driver (don't delete files) then reboot and let Win7 install it again. Did that, works like a charm now. Seems like it's always something so obvious I overlook it in search of a more complex solution.
Found this on another forum, and it worked great for me.
Change your network adapter advanced settings to these values:
Sleep on disconnect: enabled flow control: disabled interrupt moderation: disabled ip checksum offload: disabled jumbo packet: 9014 bytes (this might have no effect for you) ALL large send offloads: disabled BOTH low power: enabled network address: not present priority & vlan: priority enabled receive side scaling: disabled speed/duplex settings: auto ALL TCP & UDP offloads: disabled vlan id: 1 ALL wake ons: enabled