No Internet connectivity

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Installation' started by Felmid, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Felmid

Felmid New Member

. A week ago, i upgraded my Asus computer to Windows 7, runs fine, no Internet problems. Yesterday, i upgraded my Gateway to Windows 7 as well. Immediately after the upgrade was complete, i had to Internet access. The ethernet cable is fine, the router/modem is fine, and the computer sitting right next to it with the same operating system can surf fine. I tried power-cycling, running network diagnostics, disabling/enabling the network adapter and still nothing. I am connecting using a LAN connection with a router and modem. This is seriously taking away from my gaming time (which I PAY for), and i really need a solution.

Thanks in advance:p

2. Jeep4wheel

Jeep4wheel New Member

Did you try updating the network driver for your adaptor.

3. tblount

tblount New Member

You can try the 10 suggestions listed in the link in my tagline. Probably you will have to do a clean install.... mostlikely the upgrade is using Vista drivers that won't work under 7.

4. Felmid

Felmid New Member

My wired and wireless network adapters are both up to date.

5. tblount

tblount New Member

Maybe you need to roll back the driver(s)

Everytime I let windows update it replaces my graphics drivers with new ones that have a bug that is logged in the Event Viewer.

You did check the 5 or 6 steps to identify your problem at the link in my tagline.

6. Felmid

Felmid New Member

Uninstalled both the wireless and wired adapter, rebooted. Did not fix my problem. Are there any other last ditch solutions before i go through the pain of clean installing? (meaning i have to reinstall all of my programs after windows 7 is installed, right?).

7. Felmid

Felmid New Member

Step 1 Revealed: the server did not obtain an address.
    Ok, awesome. But on Windows 7, i don't know what to do with that. On old versions, you could just manually configure IP adress.

8. Felmid

Felmid New Member

IPv4 connectivity says Internet
    IPv6 Connectivity says No internet access if that helps.

I followed all of the steps and they mostly did nothing, other than tell me that the IP address was not confirmed. I still don't understand why i can't connect through a cable. Before, you plug in the cable and bam you were connected to the internet. Thanks for all you've done so far, i hope we find a solution

9. busydog

busydog New Member

An obvious question.... are you using a 3rd party firewall? Disable it if you are. I assume you have tried your ISP's DNS settings and a fixed IP.

10. tblount

tblount New Member

In the speed tweaks linked below, it says that very few isp's use IPv6 and you can disable the service.

11. Felmid

Felmid New Member

No current firewalls running, and i have done a DNS flush and a IP renew several times.

I disabled the IPv6 connectivity, and now the status reads: IPv4 connectivity: No Internet Access
    IPv6 connectivity: No network Access

#11 Felmid, Nov 27, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2009