Windows 7 No Internet.Network access after reboot

JethroChoicebro

Hi, hoping someone can help.

I have a laptop with a Intel N6230 wireless card which I'm having a strange issue with. I can be connected fine to my wireless network but if I perform a reboot the laptop 'connects' to the network however has no internet access (nor can I access the router via its ip address).

The only way i can get it working again is delete the wireless adapter via the device manager, let windows re discover and install it, and all is fine again - nothing else is required. It continues to work fine until I shut down and reboot where it drops again (sleep modes or hibernation do not cause any problem).

I have a second XP laptop which has no issues at all.

Any ideas? I have spent a fair amount of time googling but have come up blank.

Many thanks in advance...

Hello and welcome to the forum.
You don't mention which version of Windows (32 or 64 bit) you are running but can you go here Support for the Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6230
give it a second to populate latest downloads and make sure you are running the latest driver for that adapter 13 Jan 2012 (get the correct version for your architecture.
Regards
Randy

You have to install the software for your wireless card, then you have to add a "Profile" in the realtek software. I can only assume this is left over from xp days where you could specify whether to control the wireless network via windows built in software or the manufacturers. turn off your firewall for a moment.

Ronnie

Thanks for the replies.

Its the 64bit version of home premium. I have double checked and am on the latest driver version.

Ronnie- not sure if Realtek was a typo or am I missing something on the intel software?

Cheers

Back