Windows 7 No Jumplists

Cheemag

Extraordinary Member
How do I activate this Jumplist system?

At the moment right-clicking a programme on the quick-launch only gives the option to unpin; on the start-menu only Remove and Properties.

Wow sorry Cheemag it seems this post has been missed somehow.. Anyhoo try this web page for an answer to your question:

How To Enable/Disable Jump Lists In Windows 7

I'm not sure whether I have in fact restored my jumplists. The only appropriate app pinned to the quick launch is UltraEdit and it has an option 'My Recent Places' on the open file dialogue which may well not be a jumplist.

This seems to be the same option as 'My Recent Documents' in XP's open file dialogue.

Thanks for the link, I'll have a look at it later.

I'm not sure whether I have in fact restored my jumplists. The only appropriate app pinned to the quick launch is UltraEdit and it has an option 'My Recent Places' on the open file dialogue which may well not be a jumplist.

This seems to be the same option as 'My Recent Documents' in XP's open file dialogue.

Thanks for the link, I'll have a look at it later.

No good. Done all that: I still don't have jumplists. :(

It can depend on the app thats pinned to the task bar. If you notice in the link they use Word for their example also these lists take time to build up as they only refer to things in the recent past. If your start menu is recording the apps you've used then the jump lists are enabled..
See screenshot:

It can depend on the app thats pinned to the task bar. If you notice in the link they use Word for their example also these lists take time to build up as they only refer to things in the recent past. If your start menu is recording the apps you've used then the jump lists are enabled..
See screenshot:

Hell, I've nothing like that in the attached graphic. Is the jumplist in the Start Menu? I was expecting it to be associated with the taskbar. In any case I'm using the Vista Start Menu, so perhaps that's the problem? Would help if I knew how these jumplist manifest themselves: I've never seen one ...

I'll go back to the Windows-7 Start Menu, much as I hate it, and see what happens.

Back