no Programs listed in "All Programs" window

nehoma

Honorable Member
I have upgraded from Vista 64bit to Windows 7 64bit.
One Problem; in the Start/All Programs window there are no programs listed
All my programs are in the C drive and will work from there using the .exe file. I also have installed some new programs but they are not in the "All Programs" window either.
Any suggestions please?

:rolleyes:

I'm having the same problem.

Use search in the meantime to find them.

Hope someone can tell us both how to fix this....

I'm having the same problem.

Use search in the meantime to find them.

Hope someone can tell us both how to fix this....

try this......go to Run>gpedit.msc (group policy editor) >Administrative Templates> start menu and taskbar and then highlight > Remove All Programs list from the Start menu ......then right click and go to edit and check or dot disabled. Please repost with results

davehc

Essential Member
Premium Supporter
I think that is a left over option from XP. It will only remove the title in the Start - not the items listed. But lets see if anyone with this problem has a good result. Good find if it works. I can see, browsing, that this seems to occur with an "upgrade", not a clean install. - Nuf said!

try this......go to Run>gpedit.msc (group policy editor) >Administrative Templates> start menu and taskbar and then highlight > Remove All Programs list from the Start menu ......then right click and go to edit and check or dot disabled. Please repost with results

I tried doing this and I am still having the same problem as the original poster...

SIW2

Have a look here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

If there is an entry for NoStartMenuMorePrograms, delete it.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.