Windows 7 No sound through internal speakers, but headphones work fine

diotrephes

Hello everyone,

I have an Acer Aspire 3810 Timeline. Since the purchase, I have had no problems with the sound - however, Acer announced a recall on this and other machines to fix a malfunctioning microphone jack. I sent it to Acer, and received it back. Everything seemed fine, until I noticed that the sound in the internal speakers no longer worked. The sound works through the headphones as well as the microphone.

I could certainly send it back to Acer, but the problem is that it took over a month for them to pick it up, fix it, and return - and I do not want to wait such a ridiculous time again for such a small problem.

I therefore checked all the sound settings, uninstalled, reinstalled, updated drivers through Acer - and ever reinstalled the operating system putting Windows 7 on, just to see if that would work.

Now, I'm at my wits end - the speakers are still not working and the sound still works only through the headphones. I'm no techy, so I only have idea - my thought is that, if possible, the technician at Acer disconnected the internal speakers and forgot to connect them again??????

I've also used Everest to check my sound system - below you'll find the stats:

DEVICE IDENTIFIER DEVICE DESCRIPTION

midi-out.0 0001 001B Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth

mixer.0 0001 0068 Speakers (Realtek High Definiti

mixer.1 0001 0068 Realtek Digital Output (Realtek

mixer.2 0001 0068 Microphone (Realtek High Defini

wave-in.0 0001 0065 Microphone (Realtek High Defini

wave-out.0 0001 0064 Speakers (Realtek High Definiti

wave-out.1 0001 0064 Realtek Digital Output (Realtek
The interesting thing is that when I press on any of these in Everest it takes me straight to the microphone screen in "Recording devices" sound window - never to speakers.

Any further ideas would be greatly appreciated......

J

Try another speakers set, and if it doesn't work either then you should definitely use your warranty.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not sure if I completely get your meaning. How would I try another speaker set on the laptop? Are you suggesting that I open the laptop and switch the internal speakers?

Back
Top Bottom