Windows 7 No Sound - X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series

lukad

After I got the basics workin in 7 (including sound), I've been booting in xp to do work in programs I haven't tested on the new os. I've had some down time to go back into 7 but came to notice my sound no longer worked (even though everything is fine in xp) Windows doesn't even recognize my sound card being installed. I've downloaded the beta driver for my card from creative to no avail, I've installed vista drivers in compatibility mode to no avail as well (when I ran both installes, it said they successfully completed and that I need to restart to complete, after restarting it still hasn't worked). Going into my device manager, I noticed two devices listed under Other devices: Multimedia Audio Controller and SM Bus Controller. After uninstalling anything Creative under programs, I've tried to get Windows to automatically install any drivers, but I get an error message stating "Windows has encountered a problem ....", where it lists the Creative WDM driver as being the one that failed to install. Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp. this makes no senseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Also, in the device manager, when I go into the Multimedia Audio Controller's properties, under Device Status it reads "This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)". ugh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom