Windows 7 no sound

D

DukeOfURL

I have been given an older Toshiba laptop, and XP was rotted in it, so I formatted it and installed Windows 7.

Under XP, the laptop uses all kinds of proprietary drivers for the hardware, and I couldn't find them for download. So I decided to install 7, it found all the hardware and got drivers for it all, including the Sound, however the sound doesn't work.

I went to Pandora so that I was sure sound was playing, and the weirdest thing is, windows even thinks the sound is playing because the level is going up and down in the volume control, but there is nothing coming out of the speakers.

I'm not sure what to do about it. Anyone have any ideas how to make the sound work?

Thanks

Hello an swecome,

Could you please fill in your computer specs in the UserCP link at the top left hand side of the page.

Then click Edit Your Details.

This freeware program will give you all the information you will need:

SIV (System Information Viewer) 4.03

We need to know rge exact make and nodel of your sound card

You could do two things here: Uninstall the audio driver and let windows reinstall it the next time you boot
disassemble your computer to ensure your audio cables are correctly attached to the computer and aren't loose.
Also try disabling any enhancements such as room correction and loudness equalization.

Back
Top Bottom