Windows 7 No speakers or headphones are plugged in???please help!!!!!!

spytrek007

I tried searching for the solution to this problem but even after installing the realtek drivers, i still get that issue of no speakers or headphones...............

Below is information about the onboad sound.

Name High Definition Audio Device
Manufacturer Microsoft
Status OK
PNP Device ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1002&DEV_AA01&SUBSYS_00AA0100& REV_1001\5&2D08A715&0&0001
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\hdaudio.sys (6.1.7600.16385, 342.00 KB (350,208 bytes), 14/07/2009 05:37)

I had not used my desktop for one week due to some problem of too much dust accumlating in the machine. Due to this the system would not power up. After the dust was removed, system powers up but i now get this problem with sound. Before this everything was fine. The speakers work fine on the laptop.

I installed the drivers from the motherboard driver disc. I am using a gigabyte board (GA-G31M-ES2L).

I have installed the drivers directly from the gigabyte website for my motherboard as well as from the realtek website.

Also updated bios online from gigabyte server. But none of these methods causes sound to be restored.

Theres no
exclamation mark by the audio drivers in Device Manager. I have removed the audio drivers and after a restart, i still get the "no speakers or headphones are plugged in" error on the speaker icon.

In device manager after restarting the system, i get the "high definition audio" device listed under "Sound, video and game controllers".

Now i am wondering there is something wrong with the motherboard.
Under playback devices, it states the the "high definition audio device not plugged in".:(

Open the PC back up. You may have loosened a plug or card cleaning the dust out. Try reseating plugs,cables,etc.
Joe

I know this is almost a year later, but figured I would post the fix I finally foun for my laptop. I had tried the realtek solution, some of the audio drivers, and a bunhc of other things. The final solution was that I had to specifically download the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC from HP's website. After the reboot my speakers worked again!

Back