Windows 7 No taskbar!!!!!!

ohyeahimcool

I bought an Acer Aspire 7738 from computers plus with win7 already loaded on it. Sometimes when i turn it on the taskbar is gone but the start button is still there to get it to come back I have to restart my computer, (sometimes a few times). How can i get it to stay?

Have you checked to see if your task bar is locked?

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    33.9 KB · Views: 477
Last edited:
The next time this happens, try using Ctrl + Alt + Delete, choose start task manager, select any and all instances of explorer.exe, right click and choose end process tree, then go to the file menu in task manager and choose New Task (Run) and type explorer.exe and click ok and see if the taskbar returns. If this works then something is up with the shell, so try typing msconfig in the search box hit enter, go to the startup tab and deselect any program you suspect of causing the issue, if this is a laptop make sure you don't accidentally uncheck your synaptics touchpad program. You may have to use this article to help narrow down the offending program How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
Hope this helps

Back