Windows 7 No Upgrade Option In The EU

Discussion in 'Windows News' started by whoosh, Jun 25, 2009.

1. whoosh

whoosh Cooler King
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

2. Master Chief

Master Chief New Member

I think that it should be okay to give them the upgrade because the IE they'll have is from Vista and they aren't getting a new IE from Win7. This is getting kind of ridiculous... What's next? They're going to be forced to ship a version of Windows 7 that happens to be a blank disc because selling an OS is unfair to Linux developers?

3. Josh the Nerd

Josh the Nerd New Member

Notice that they say there will be a Windows 7 E upgrade by the end of the year. Apparently the delay is so they can test the new upgrade path (which I imagine does leave Vista's IE intact, which is probably why it needs more testing then the full Windows 7 E).

4. whoosh

whoosh Cooler King
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

A Blank Microsoft Disk sounds pricey ! No such thing as a free lunch from MS :eek:

5. piit

piit Senior Member

Looks like it - according to this page http://www.microsoft.com/uk/windows/buy/offers/pre-order.aspx, Windows 7 Professional E for preorder will be £99 (Home Premium E for £49). Not bad, what you think? I'll probably go for that if I can't get hold of a copy for free (Action Pack/MSDN/TechNet). Can't be bothered by the Ultimate eyecandy.

By the way, that website is probably just being setup - the link at the bottom - http://windows.microsoft.com/install-windows-E - doesn't exist yet ;)